Goshujin-sama to Yuku Isekai Survival! - Vol. 5 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
To be fair though, "reverse harem" rolls of the tongue very easy.
If people just used harem, the tags would be a mess, and using "men harem" or "woman's harem" just doesn't feel right.
Men's harem doesn't have to be all women, women's harem doesn't have to be all men. I am pretty sure there are all kinds of sexual preferences for which the harem structure works, hence there can be no strictly "reverse" harem.

Dex-chan lover
Men's harem doesn't have to be all women, women's harem doesn't have to be all men. I am pretty sure there are all kinds of sexual preferences for which the harem structure works, hence there can be no strictly "reverse" harem.
You are correct, but considering the fact that in 99% of cases in mangas an harem is made entirely of women, and a reverse harem entirely of men, I feel it is superfluous to make that distinction when it comes to tags or casual conversation and silly comments.

Dex-chan lover
You are correct, but considering the fact that in 99% of cases in mangas an harem is made entirely of women, and a reverse harem entirely of men, I feel it is superfluous to make that distinction when it comes to tags or casual conversation and silly comments.
also fair, but im allowed to be superfluous with my rage over the abuse of the english language given that i wasted my life getting an english degree.

Dex-chan lover
Don't birbs have a single hole for, well...  everything?

Not sure personally, but I won't kink-shame a fellow man of culture like Kosuke.

Dex-chan lover
He said that at first, but later he willingly fucked cyclops girl anyway. He still puts Sylphy first, but got over the whole 'only her' thing after the chapter about the monster girls going through heat.
Wait what?
When did that happen?
I don’t remember reading anything like that

Aggregator gang
im going to be that guy and say, 2 months and we still bone dry for a new chapter although raw at 34

Dex-chan lover
it really is stupid. an all guy harem around a woman is still a harem. its been that way since ancient times. I was an english major, and a writer, so seeing words abused and misused like this kinda ticks me off. It's basic knowledge dammit.
Harem is a loan-word from Arabic or somesuch, isn't it? In reference to the area of the house where the women are hidden away. Traditionally speaking I can only have seen it as referring to women... but if it is more about the act of keeping them locked away than the inhabitants themselves then I suppose it doesn't make much difference.
I can't see as being an English Major would make much difference in that case though, since the word has already been warped in meaning since its original adoption.

Either way I'd say how you choose to use the word would depend on which way is the more practical. If you see a word in another language or culture that seems more useful than what you have in your own... take it and use it. If you see a word that is utter fucking cancer and hate it... then reject it.
And also the term "reverse-harem", while it fulfils a purpose of distinction, is a pretty shit term. But then I don't much care for the word "harem" in general. There just happen not to be a lot of useful alternatives. The word "seraglio" sounds far more elegant, but that word still has its original meaning and hasn't been mutated the same way "harem" was.

Plus everything gets confused when there is a Bakarina scenario... i.e. non-gender-limited.

Harem meaning as per "merriam-webster.com" dictionary,
If Merriam Webster says something, it should probably be regarded with extreme scepticism.
Lest we forget they're the ones who decided that "literally" was the opposite of itself. They condone the active destruction of language. Ergo they have failed in their role as a dictionary. Public toilet graffiti would be a better source for language than Merriam Webster.

Dex-chan lover
The thing has a harem tag, author is taking forever to get to that point though.

I'm REALLY not a fan of this. I am assuming that sleep magic is involved and that sex happens during the night, and Sylphy somehow knows this.

This is NOT ok. I have no problems with harems, but this is a matter of lack of consent. Basically, rape.
And the fact he would be ok with it is not enough, no. You do not go behind his back and do this shit. You talk to him and then if he's ok with this, fine.

But having him pratically raped during sleep is just not ok. It's REALLY not ok. And if he were doing this to women, he'd be called a rapist, but now it is ok because it happens to him? No.
I'm with you and hate how f on m rape is shown very rare it'd taken seriously and sure had sexes been reversed sylphy would been seen as absolute trash, she didn't even try to ask him 1st and just went straight into turning him into a nightly sex doll. Doubt many here would be brushing it off I drop series for stuff like this even if I liked it,ex. the heavenly path isn't stupid for that scene.

hampter-gojo-shocked.png

Users who are viewing this thread