Gourmet Gaming

L3n

I just found a link to the raws in korean free, not like on kakao that you need to register for it. If you want to spoil yourself --> https://newtoki65.com/bbs//board.php?bo_table=webtoon&wr_id=1667336

Sometimes the website doesn't load. I think for overload. Just keep trying during the day.

Someone with the power to edit the description, please edit the first sentence. Bulimia isn't nearly as rare as the description makes it seem. About 1% of people in the developed world struggle with it at some point. That's at least 10 million people. Maybe the MC lives in a parallel world where it's rare as it's mentioned in the description, but that doesn't seem to be the case after reading a few chapters. I'd wager it's a mistranslation, or it was written by someone without a full grasp on the English language.

Forgiving the odd description, this story still isn't for me. Games can be used to treat disorders, but you need proper supervision.
In this story, there's no supervision. He's just given a VR pod and left to do whatever he wants. And, he certainly does whatever he wants. He assaults and PKs people for food in the game. Then, the author excuses the douchy behavior of the MC by blaming his disorder.

The MC is offputting, and the story is subpar.

This is bad, don't understand the high rating. He have a serious problem with food. Instead to try to fix this, the guy use his power to play all the day with....food. All the others don't try to help the MC, being nice to him for no reason at all. The MC don't stop his bad habit but instead continue his bs in a VR. Make no sense at all.

Thank you both of the scan groups for your hard work into this series. Appreciating both the translations.😊😍

Bless y'all.

@DR-ZOIDBERG :
If you had read the story even a little bit, you'd know that he has already tried nearly everything.
From a LOT of sports to dieting... maybe you should re-read it?

Korean men are all disgustingly fat so bulimia clearly doesn't exist there for men.

i wish they'd used a made up illness rather than the name bulimia, which is a real disease. 'bulimia' in this story is not 'bulimia' in real life and it's spreading misinformation.

Anyway I don't even know why they had to put the disease thing in. They could have just cut that whole part out and made this story a wacky one about a guy who loves video game food.

It's not bulimia for sure, bulimia 1) isn't rare and 2) doesn't present like this. With that said, some of y'all clearly don't understand eating disorders. This isn't a habit he can break, if you remember the swimming scene his hunger response is disordered and if he isn't eating he feels like he's starving. It's inhumane to expect him to just not eat when his body is giving him that response.
Also, @lepper, 1) he is under supervision and 2) you don't need supervision to use coping strategies? Do you need a doctor to watch you color a coloring book? Do you need a doctor watching someone stim? No.
Honestly my only problem (other than calling it bulimia) is how the doctor keeps calling him a pig in the beginning, that's mean and uncalled for - a doctor saying that would get reprimanded so fast.

@Dulcet
I have a feeling the description was mistranslated. The original was probably something along the lines of '2% of the people in the world' rather than '2 people in the world.' You're also correct in that the MC's symptoms don't seem to be consistent with bulimia. Bulimia is characterized by binging and purging. As such, patients with bulimia typically present as malnourished and at no more than regular weight. The MC's symptoms are more consistent with a primary diagnosis of binge eating with possible secondary bulimia if he purges occasionally.

As to your issues with my earlier post: When you introduce someone to a new therapy, you let them know the risks and expected outcomes (essentially, informed consent). Even with art therapy, you'd tell the patient the point of the therapy before handing them a coloring book, and you'd check their progress to ensure that the regimine is working.
In contrast to a properly supervised course of therapy, the MC is allowed to use the VR pod as much as he wants in any way he wants without supervision, guidance, or followup. At no point did his therapist broach the subject of his behavior in the game in regards to his unhealthy relationship to food. There was a single, superficial conversation and nothing more. This is a manga, not a therapy training manual, so I don't expect a perfect recreation of a proper therapy session, but this doesn't even come close.

Even if the therapy were realistic, we're putting the cart before the horse. The issue with the realism of his therapy is secondary to the story and characters. The story and MC would still suck even if the therapy were more realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread