Groundless - Vol. 6 Ch. 23 - A scene for the taken pawn

@Racoonelite I think I understand what made you confused. Rebels got their hands on at least one APC, which is not a tank, but still a vehicle, which could've swayed your count.

Aggregator gang
@Racoonelite you need to re-read few chapters back but let me summary them here for you.

First, Finke and Agatha is one person, precisely Lieutenant Finke Agatha. She command tank platoon 14 which consist of three tanks, all three tanks fired on tank patrol 36 that commandeered by Lieutenant Regina Lazikov (dark skinned girl) which consist of two tanks. The shell destroy one tank and left tank patrol 36 with one tank that driven by Regina.

The tanks beside Regina is commandeered by her superior's Mazlov, together they attack Agatha's tank and defeat her. That left tank platoon 14 with two tanks that defected to rebels as seen in page 57 in the bridge. The army at least still have two tanks, one from Regina and other is Mazlov's tank.
They believe they will get discharged because they shoot at Dacia's sniper position which is a friendly fire warrant a trial.

Honestly, this whole mess is because they put a greenhorn officers in front line without direct supervision from higher ranks. Mazlov only there to supervise Regina after the mess happen, doesn't help shit.

Thanks to @bramhistory and @Ubernomad

At least this confusion conveys the tone of a city door-to-door battlefield.

Reading back, while it's clear that army underestimates the situation, some actions and words from Agatha are more clear. Also, since she was responsible for the "prisoners" caught on the boat, that explains why those people escaped with the hands full of weapons boxes. Also explains why the rebels attacked during food rationing when Regina tanks were on the frontline and not Agatha.

Maybe they can cover up the shootout against sniper position because the troops there deserted. Or maybe they'll send Regina and her troops to Dacia to compensate the damage.

Aaand Regina's brother was a survivor from granary battle. Oof. Half of the troubles of this chapter (and maybe future) comes from not having properly detained that brat. And imho his actions were quite opinable.

great to see another chapter, well, lets survive another 6 months for the next one <3

That shot through the scope was intense, god damn. Sophia's really hardened her nerves not to panic over something like that.
Calling it now, Regina's tank and crew is going to be sent to Dacia. The potential drama there is simply too good for the author to pass up, and the promise of such is a perfect hook for the volume to end on.

Group Leader
Thanks for all the support everyone~!
We know it's slow going, but realize that this volume was 3 chapters. Two of which were 80+ pages long. That would take a long time to get right, and we wanted to make sure it was right.
More coming sooner than later, as the chapter sizes are starting to slim down.
Also, after hearing y'alls comments, I think we might start doing a "Up to this point" section at the end of each volume to help people get a little more sense of whats going on. I'll test it out for the next chapter (which ends this volume anyway) and see how it is received.
Thanks again, and hope you all will give us your continued support!

@taizi02
We have raws for the next few volumes already, it's just taking time to get the scanned, cleaned, edited, translated, typeset (with SFX), and finished up.

Dex-chan lover
Damn this manga is intense.
I can’t think of any other manga that captures the chaos and vagarities of battle this well.

oh, i see.. the long wait is worthwhile for this quality without any expected gain. would have helped if i can, but im afraid i cant. anyways, thanks! ak trope for the trans and may fortune smile on you.

Dex-chan lover
@Monky

Imperial guards does it really well too. It’s “only” a promotional manga for a novel so it’s cut short but it’s the best military manga I’ve read. Simply amazing.

So, how does light novel is called? Because your post indicates, that we have somewhere main/original story according this manga is based.

I don't like how OP they are making Ridley. She's amazing at CQC and sniping, it just doesn't make any sense. And regardless of how good she is, it's extremely unlikely that she could survive getting targeted by a unit using automatic weapons inside a building when she's only got a pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread