Guild no Uketsukejou Desu ga, Zangyou wa Iya Nanode Boss wo Solo Toubatsu Shiyou to Omoimasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Light

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing since the demon god still had his soul in his hand and hadn't devoured it yet, he'll come back. (after FL smashes his head in, of course...)

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps killing the relic will drop a revive item? Killing a boss like this always nets big rewards.

Dex-chan lover
You aren't allowed to kill off a character [for drama] and then retcon it because you are a coward.
It's not a retcon if it's planned. A retcon is if they had planned to have him die, and then decide to rewrite it so that he didn't die.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, though. Eating your cake and having it and all. But until we've got a cold or destroyed corpse, I'm not counting anyone as dead.

so what bs reason is author going to "revive" him?
We've got a boss who can steal people's skills, and he's about to get dead. There are all sorts of non-BS reasons you can pull from that. And that's assuming he's actually dead.

Supporter
I did chuckle when I noticed I had gotten ninjad, and the ninja had decided to post the exact opposite sentiment compared to me xD
For me I wouldn't like it if he dies, but I would accept it. Alina says it's something that all adventurers understand going in.

Dex-chan lover
It's not a retcon if it's planned. A retcon is if they had planned to have him die, and then decide to rewrite it so that he didn't die.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, though. Eating your cake and having it and all. But until we've got a cold or destroyed corpse, I'm not counting anyone as dead.

We've got a boss who can steal people's skills, and he's about to get dead. There are all sorts of non-BS reasons you can pull from that. And that's assuming he's actually dead.
He is literally dead already. It is retcon if you deus ex machina to make him un-dead. Retcon doesn't only have to be retroactively change what you have already written to say something else. It is also if you retroactively change what has happened in your plot and is final, by writing new stuff that simply says "nvm that plot development - it didn't really happen.".

Supporter
A retcon is if they had planned to have him die, and then decide to rewrite it so that he didn't die.
imdmj6wo8by61.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So we're nearly done with LN Volume 1, probably finishing it off in 2-3 chapters depending the pace of it

Imagine thinking they actually gonna off the main and only love interest in this work lmao, is about time they get together in the LN, but with how tsundere Alina is, it get delayed, if anything they finally gonna get together in Volume 7, but won't know until next month, but their romance start developing during Volume 2
read spoiler

...I'm not even mad. Just...disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, you done fucked up big time, boy. Time for the Executioner to do her real job.

Dex-chan lover
He is literally dead already. It is retcon if you deus ex machina to make him un-dead.
As I said, there are ways that fit the story that can solve that.

As for him being literally dead, we have one subjective opinion determined from looking from a short distance, and one totally trustworthy relic guy. It's like one step away from "never saw the body".

Retcon doesn't only have to be retroactively change what you have already written to say something else. It is also if you retroactively change what has happened in your plot and is final, by writing new stuff that simply says "nvm that plot development - it didn't really happen.".
That distinction is irrelevant here.

Dex-chan lover
So we're nearly done with LN Volume 1, probably finishing it off in 2-3 chapters depending the pace of it

Imagine thinking they actually gonna off the main and only love interest in this work lmao, is about time they get together in the LN, but with how tsundere Alina is, it get delayed, if anything they finally gonna get together in Volume 7, but won't know until next month, but their romance start developing during Volume 2
The problem is, as he is now, Jade honestly sucks as a character. And even going through trauma and being saved would just be him falling further but unless this causes him to grow to a likable character him being a love interest is just disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
Eh who are we kidding, they're gonna revive him somehow. His soul is apparently unmolested, too, so it should be easy to make up stuff. Maybe with the healer girl getting some power up after Alina beats the boss because he stole her skill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread