Gyaku Isekai Tensei Shite Kimowota ni Natte Shimatta dai Majutsushi Delray Curtis no Fujourina Nichijou

Sometimes you stumble upon a manga you know will be great. This is one of those

Dex-chan lover
MC
640px-Chudjak.png

Dex-chan lover
This isekai has one of the most nightmarish premises i've ever seen. The handsome and powerful guy ended up as a disgusting hated fatso-otaku~:shamihuh:

The plot feel shit. Though it becomes obvious once you see the multimodal distribution of split votes (a lot of 10s and 1s). Also the low volume count after completed status tells a lot. Avoid if you like traditional standard feels of reverse isekai. Though if you are those kind of cringe and edgy people who are calling themselves "sophisticated" (though I rather call it for what it is, contrarian), you might like this.

This series feels like someone planted the seed for a genuinely good comedy, then immediately proceeded to take a dump on it. Poor execution in every sense of the term.

Dex-chan lover
Someone needs to fix the english title. It's not only wrong, but also incredibly confusing.

wtf would "Reverse Reincarnated" even mean in the first place?? Best theory I could come up with is if you reincarnated into the past, and any deviation from previously known history would distort your previous life that takes place in the future.

but obviously that has absolutely nothing to do with this story. If anything, this would be a reverse isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Someone needs to fix the english title. It's not only wrong, but also incredibly confusing.

wtf would "Reverse Reincarnated" even mean in the first place?? Best theory I could come up with is if you reincarnated into the past, and any deviation from previously known history would distort your previous life that takes place in the future.

but obviously that has absolutely nothing to do with this story. If anything, this would be a reverse isekai.
All "isekai" means is "another world", it's the "tensei" part that means reincarnation/transmigration. Calling it "reverse isekai" only makes sense to you because you know what the cliches of the isekai genre are, but if you're grading it by the same dictionary definition you are for "reverse reincarnation", it's just as meaningless (plus, it's not good to leave part of a title untranslated when you're trying to translate a title).

The title is dependent on the reader knowing what the isekai/reincarnation genre typically consists of, and is just saying that this is the opposite of that (instead of a fat nerd in japan getting reincarnated into a prettyboy magic-user in a fantasy world, it's a prettyboy magic-user in a fantasy world getting reincarnated as a fat nerd in japan). Just like your suggestion, it's about knowing about how the reincarnation genre plays out, and not the actual direct meaning of the word (like you're using "isekai" to refer to a genre and not its meaning). The title makes as much sense as it did in JP, it's a fine translation.

Dex-chan lover
This could have been amazing. Instead, the author opted to make one of those stupid "I can only speak like a freak because reasons." types. If it was just to the point of being misunderstood, it'd be one thing, but the mc literally can't even say anything properly just because. It's not funny, it's incredibly stupid

Users who are viewing this thread