Gyakutaisarete Ita Shouka no Reijou wa Seijo no Chikara wo Te ni Ire, Mujikaku ni Youshanaku Gyakushuu suru - Ch. 1

Group Leader
Thanks for the translation!
Revenge is just around the corner!!!
Can't wait!

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I remembered the title, but I don't remember the settings. Guess I'll wait around for a few chapters to remember if I even continued reading or dropped it.

Dex-chan lover
Uh Oh…. This saintess going to be so twisted that she will screw everyone that makes her suffer.
unless the guy saved her also turn out to be evil, i doubt this saintess gonna be a crazy revenge protagonist one.
if they at least go for a monster actually took her in then that "i don't trust human, they only ever abuse me" may work.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Yikes... That was quite a start. Mistreated and malnourished so bad her growth stunted and she still looks ten. Cripes!

I know it will be a slow burn, but I can't wait to see her aunt, cousin, and uncle get their horrible just desserts.

Dex-chan lover
what a rough start but I hope she gets the love and care she should've received

Dex-chan lover
PLEASE DON'T BE A PUSSY, THE FIRST FEW PAGES WERE NICE, i can see this whole revenge arc series go nicely hopefully

Dex-chan lover
PLEASE DON'T BE A PUSSY, THE FIRST FEW PAGES WERE NICE, i can see this whole revenge arc series go nicely hopefully
So I just speedread the raw WN this is based on.
Don't get your hopes up. Or emotionally invested.

[TL;DR:] There are zero consequences in this story. It's another JP "shoot the shaggy dog; spit in the face of the gods; poke the bear; but because of how 'kind' JP characters are everything is forgiven". Reads like "Half-Life: Full Life Consequences" that lampshaded amateur attempt at drama.

Manga adaptation editor may force author to fix some of this; but I doubt it given JP audience. Typically major deviations from WN plot aren't done, and contemplated/thoughtful 'revenge' resolution -- such as lasting interracial tensions, cold war, civilization decline -- are off-putting for most JP readers.

[Preface rant:] Japanese have an unhealthy obsession with "kindness". And enjoys stressing how "kind" their MC are. To a disgusting degree. Culturally (just look back at history) they have a nasty habit of completely glossing over or whitewashing things they find uncomfortable. How is this relevant?

[In this fictional universe:] Normally when your race (humans) makes a pact with spirits/gods to save your entire race from genocide... a pact so critical that your entire society is predicate on it... violating said pact should result in your race's genocide. Or close to it, pending mitigation efforts. That's literally the point.

Now imagine your race has betrayed that pact once before. Brutally killed the spirit/god, bathed in their blood, and spat on the pact. Naturally as a result your race nearly dies out, becomes nomads. Due to sheer luck: the mercy of a single "kind" spirit/god let your race survive. Your race swears to never violate the pact again, burning into your racial memory. "It won't happen again; promise."

Fast forward 500 years. Now imagine "a few bad apples" (or the entire bunch: doesn't matter) betray it again. Tortures and imprisons the pact's envoy. Enshrines/worships a fake saint literally bathed in the blood of the real saint from years of torturing her. Breaking the very tenets and rituals your society is based on with the spirits/gods. In this case: the FMC's denied-while-imprisoned, culturally mandatory, 7yo "divine protection ceremony" at church, where all children from orphans to slaves to saint are protected, and then recognized. (Bearing parallels to Japanese Shichi-Go-San, where children are "property of/protected by the gods" until of age.) Why aunt dumped her in forest "as dead", rather than attend.

Spirits are old enough to still be alive/remember all this. And the first betrayal. Including the orphaned spirit/god daughter of the one that was brutally killed. And they don't "forget" like humans. Guess how this author handles that?

....the male (human) love interest one-sidedly tries to wipe FMC saint's memories of her imprisonment and torture with magic. Because of how "kind" he is.... without asking her or getting her consent, or what she wants. (Hint: it traumatizes her, and POV chapter at climax shows she's suffering horrendously inside.) And because of how "kind" he is -- not due to geopolitical or racial concerns to save his race -- MC's "white knight" crew impedes retribution on the rest of the human race when the deception is unveiled at the pact ceremony in the first act climax of the novel. Chapter title is literally "Zamaa" ("comeuppance") -- I'm not making this up.

In the end "love conquers all, everything is forgiven, including the brainwashing of FMC saintess by MC priest". (Tehe~*!) Only repercussion is off-stage imprisonment of now-immortal fake saint (and abusive aunt), behind closed doors as monster-chow. No repercussions for the human race who violated the pact and committed atrocities. Uncle who "stood by and watched" dies offscreen in 1-line summary. Male romantic interest is only traumatic/emotional-dependence relationship, with dubious line that FMC is 'of age of majority now'. Gods/spirits side chapter saying "oh how cute is our miko, punishing humans would make her sad her romantic interest MC sad". (Despite her literally not caring due to all the abuse; no ethics nor societal bond formed for humanity since she was locked underground and tortured for majority of her life.) Literal whitewash ending.

If you can't tell, I was really frustrated by this.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So I just speedread the raw WN this is based on.
Don't get your hopes up. Or emotionally invested.

[TL;DR:] There are zero consequences in this story. It's another JP "shoot the shaggy dog; spit in the face of the gods; poke the bear; but because of how 'kind' JP characters are everything is forgiven". Reads like "Half-Life: Full Life Consequences" that lampshaded amateur attempt at drama.

Manga adaptation editor may force author to fix some of this; but I doubt it given JP audience. Typically major deviations from WN plot aren't done, and contemplated/thoughtful 'revenge' resolution -- such as lasting interracial tensions, cold war, civilization decline -- are off-putting for most JP readers.

[Preface rant:] Japanese have an unhealthy obsession with "kindness". And enjoys stressing how "kind" their MC are. To a disgusting degree. Culturally (just look back at history) they have a nasty habit of completely glossing over or whitewashing things they find uncomfortable. How is this relevant?

[In this fictional universe:] Normally when your race (humans) makes a pact with spirits/gods to save your entire race from genocide... a pact so critical that your entire society is predicate on it... violating said pact should result in your race's genocide. Or close to it, pending mitigation efforts. That's literally the point.

Now imagine your race has betrayed that pact once before. Brutally killed the spirit/god, bathed in their blood, and spat on the pact. Naturally as a result your race nearly dies out, becomes nomads. Due to sheer luck: the mercy of a single "kind" spirit/god let your race survive. Your race swears to never violate the pact again, burning into your racial memory. "It won't happen again; promise."

Fast forward 500 years. Now imagine "a few bad apples" (or the entire bunch: doesn't matter) betray it again. Tortures and imprisons the pact's envoy. Enshrines/worships a fake saint literally bathed in the blood of the real saint from years of torturing her. Breaking the very tenets and rituals your society is based on with the spirits/gods. In this case: the FMC's denied-while-imprisoned, culturally mandatory, 7yo "divine protection ceremony" at church, where all children from orphans to slaves to saint are protected, and then recognized. (Bearing parallels to Japanese Shichi-Go-San, where children are "property of/protected by the gods" until of age.) Why aunt dumped her in forest "as dead", rather than attend.

Spirits are old enough to still be alive/remember all this. And the first betrayal. Including the orphaned spirit/god daughter of the one that was brutally killed. And they don't "forget" like humans. Guess how this author handles that?

....the male (human) love interest one-sidedly tries to wipe FMC saint's memories of her imprisonment and torture with magic. Because of how "kind" he is.... without asking her or getting her consent, or what she wants. (Hint: it traumatizes her, and POV chapter at climax shows she's suffering horrendously inside.) And because of how "kind" he is -- not due to geopolitical or racial concerns to save his race -- MC's "white knight" crew impedes retribution on the rest of the human race when the deception is unveiled at the pact ceremony in the first act climax of the novel. Chapter title is literally "Zamaa" ("comeuppance") -- I'm not making this up.

In the end "love conquers all, everything is forgiven, including the brainwashing of FMC saintess by MC priest". (Tehe~*!) Only repercussion is off-stage imprisonment of now-immortal fake saint (and abusive aunt), behind closed doors as monster-chow. No repercussions for the human race who violated the pact and committed atrocities. Uncle who "stood by and watched" dies offscreen in 1-line summary. Male romantic interest is only traumatic/emotional-dependence relationship, with dubious line that FMC is 'of age of majority now'. Gods/spirits side chapter saying "oh how cute is our miko, punishing humans would make her sad her romantic interest MC sad". (Despite her literally not caring due to all the abuse; no ethics nor societal bond formed for humanity since she was locked underground and tortured for majority of her life.) Literal whitewash ending.

If you can't tell, I was really frustrated by this.
i would feel bad if that's how the manga goes too, i feel like there's not enough human eradication stories that actually make humans pay for their sins in media(in my opinion there really should, the closest thing we get is Gundam and they don't really go that far)

Dex-chan lover
i would feel bad if that's how the manga goes too
That's why I cautioned in plaintext "don't emotionally invest".

Knowing (or not knowing) that before emotionally- and time- investing is key. Especially with revenge fiction. Even if the ride is good, if the ending veers off into a ditch and slams into a wall at the last minute, it's extremely frustrating.

make humans pay for their sins
Avoiding spoiler-ed citation: I'd settle for actual ramifications. Or at minimum, well-foreshadowed, fleshed-out, in-universe justifications why some get off scot-free. (Heck, done well, it can even be riveting.)

Root cause I think is with "long-form universe-building revenge stories", a Western 3-act structure (or even Eastern 4-act) falls flat. It demands 5-act one to incorporate post-processing and epilogue. Not a simple deus ex machina ("zamaa").
Right now a lot of poor JP WN plots end like Power Rangers: "bad guy explodes. the end." :fml:

Dex-chan lover
I have hopes for this manga though I do hope it won’t turn out like the WN or else I’m gonna drop it

Dex-chan lover
That's why I cautioned in plaintext "don't emotionally invest".

Knowing (or not knowing) that before emotionally- and time- investing is key. Especially with revenge fiction. Even if the ride is good, if the ending veers off into a ditch and slams into a wall at the last minute, it's extremely frustrating.

Avoiding spoiler-ed citation: I'd settle for actual ramifications. Or at minimum, well-foreshadowed, fleshed-out, in-universe justifications why some get off scot-free. (Heck, done well, it can even be riveting.)

Root cause I think is with "long-form universe-building revenge stories", a Western 3-act structure (or even Eastern 4-act) falls flat. It demands 5-act one to incorporate post-processing and epilogue. Not a simple deus ex machina ("zamaa").
Right now a lot of poor JP WN plots end like Power Rangers: "bad guy explodes. the end." :fml:
truly a sad case, you'd think with how twisted some of the stuff they see crime wise irl(and honestly it is twisted, like they have very little crime but almost every crime is something big and crazy) they'd be able to make stories with solid cases to actually get rid of humanity or something
and make it satisfying to the end(which i find is a real treat in most cases, maybe not like the way redo-of healer did it since that one went off the deep end a long time ago but more like that other one by kireicake where the hero Raul took revenge against everyone for being shitty people in general, in this case the "saintess" would've had a clear-cut case to actually go a similar route instead of "oh your sins are forgiven" crap

Users who are viewing this thread