Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!

Okay I watched the anime of this, haven't read this yet. I thought the anime was terrible. It had great promise and 0 delivery. My friend and I sloughed through it just HOPING for something to amount in the end...
AMAZING action scene coming up?! JK cut away to some boring little bit of people just talking to each other
OMG is that some sort of 'MC uses his abilities to better the lives around him?!', nah moving on to drunk old man eating walnuts (or whatever they were)
WAIT! Is this going to be some super secret plot by evil people to try to overthrow the MC or w/e?! hahahaha taken care of in two seconds flat
WHOA is this going to be a love triangle that may lead to a harem after some discourse at first!!?!!!? Nah main lady's a-ok with hubby sleeping with all de womenz!

So disappointing... With that in mind, can someone tell me if the manga is ANY different? Is so, is it in a more positive way?

If I wanted to read something that didn't deliver on the action I'd go back and re-read the witcher books (Games and TV show were amazing, but
the books treated action like it was being described by a blind person, hiding under the table with noise cancelling headphones on, in the future 🤣
)

Finally ! The chapter had already been updated after 4 months
But it still kinda worrying if the group will keep up the pace or not

Dex-chan lover
@LogisticSDreams Generally the case is that the anime of a manga that is based off of a light novel is going to be even lighter on the interesting details and framework that makes a worthwhile story, and that's with the manga already truncating most of the original to begin with.

Omg, I’m so glad there’s an update. I was beginning to wonder if this was dropped. On another note though, that cliffhanger... I can’t imagine how he’s feeling right now. Poor thing, that has to hurt.

It's weird how the anime passed this arc already, given how many chapters there are. Also it's super given its essentially a monthly manga.

Double-page supporter
Couldn't go past chapter 5.
Let's start with good things. Art if quite good.
Let's go to bad things. Whole premise is loose. MC is a mage, which are rare in that world and are highly valued. Family that should value such son - discarded him while everyone else just literally spreads their legs just to get MC on their side (they don't care what MC things)
MC powers are based on luck. Found legendary master who taught him good magic and gave him nearly infinite money.
Plot is forced. MC met nobles for the first time. Told them all his secrets and gave all his valuables... Just because (no reason was given. No negotiation. Nothing).
This is low quality manga. Somewhere between bad (4) and really bad (3). Given that there are numerous stories here that are way better than this. Don't waste your time here like I did.

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester Logic is something I value in any manga. Extreme obvious plot armor is something that I avoid. This one lacks logic and has obvious plot armor. You clearly value different things in stories. To me this is solid 3.5.

@KamiKira00 With that sense you can pretty much blacklist all fantasy,magic,sci-fi and fighting mangas.
I think mangas are not for you. Try reading a thick book. Seriously.

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester I am talking about logic, not realism. Good fantasy manga's are logical but lack realism.

Look, I will give you an example on how to differentiate them. Our reality doesn't have magic. Story with magic is unreal. Lacks realism.

How about logic. We have manga that is based on real world. Setting is war. Everyone has guns readily available to them. It is known that guns work and they are superior to fists. People want to win war. Yet everyone fights with fists (lethally). That is logically inconsistent despite setting being based on real world (no magic, sci-fi, etc.).

As long as it is consistent within that manga, it is fine.

@KamiKira00 I get that but my point being is, every manga will have a plothole or unexplained occurrences that you can pick on.
Some of the best mangas I've read are all from teenagers and people in their 20s, people with little to no life experience at all, yet they manage to write/draw enjoyable mangas.
And Isekai is mostly about shutting down your brain and let the authors manga guide you through it.
Because in the end no matter where your line of logic stands every manga will be disappointing to you.
You just have to let it go, in most cases theres no need for a ground based logic in the first place. Trust me you will enjoy a whole lot more mangas if you just let it go.

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester I perfectly understand and I usually ignore most of those plot holes. Issue is that in this manga, whole premise becomes illogical in a first chapter.
It's like you find manga with premise "I have a hard life because I don't have money" and you read a manga where in fist chapter MC become a billionaire flaunts that money around, everyone knows that he is a billionaire but still treats him and calls him poor.

I just want to say that there is limit to what I can ignore. For example in most manga's plot holes happen in every 5th chapter (if they are based on novels at least) but here whole foundation as to why this manga is happening (why MC is hunter, why he needs money or become adventurer) everything falls apart because premise didn't make any sense (like above given example about being treated as poor person)

I'm fine with everything. MC marrying at young age, that's fine since they're in ancient era. Mc meet a powerful teacher and gave him a reward with OP items, that's fine too. But then MC begun doing questionable things like an elementary retard. He's a former adult and an otherworlder for fuck's sake. People do things the easy and logical way to solve a problem but this retard MC do things the hard and illogical way, like a child holding a nuke. Years of adult learning and knowledge from past life wasted. What a huge waste of time

Well i can almost read the future... they are just plants... no feelings just do what they must do and act as a dumb mc ... don’t forget that he an adult (twice) and act like a super cliche saint... In the future he might add some random princess to his harem ... boring

One of the worst stories that i've ever read. If i wanted a reason to drop manga forever and just move on with my life (as a reasonable adult should do)....this is a good excuse.
And i'm not saying it for nothing... as I ve read the light novels. I know what happens XDDDD

Aggregator gang
hey, i'm at ch 17 and i'm thinking of dropping. i don't have that many issues with the manga like many people here, but i have 1 singular large issue. Does the MC ever become motivated to do anything or does he continue to be a passive actor being dragged through the plot? I don't care if he decides to just say "fuck it" to the whole nobility thing. I'm just tired of him complaining about having to do the stuff.

@huttingham

If this is following the novel proper, he gets determined to do stuff on his own when he gets a territory and starts planning for his family. Judging by the speed of the manga, its only about 5-10 chapters away. From there it mainly transforms into a kingdom building arc and although he gets prodded by his retainers, at least he has proper goals and ideas to get to them. But a true drive for anything still seems lacking and MC is a stereotype for a go with the flow person so determined yes but motivated will be a no.

Users who are viewing this thread