Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 9 Ch. 58 - MACHINE TORNADER

Dex-chan lover
Is the robot made of metal? That doesn't seem fair. Metal fucking hurts to punch.

Double-page supporter
There was no way Mao Mao was gonna lose first round

RIP Dorothea, now how am I supposed to complain about the German being used....

Well, good thing I wanted Mao Mao to win anyway.

@CuJoJo @Yotomoe It still has a human physiology, with all the weaknesses that entails. If it gets caught in a joint lock or a choke, it's helpless unless it cheats with strength. Technically, it would be the strongest competitor in the entire tournament without restrictions, but it's not necessarily less 'fair' than fighters like Veronica, who's bigger than actual male heavyweights (for comparison, she outweighs Daniel Cormier by 3 kg and is 25 cm taller!).

@Jordan90334264

it's helpless unless it cheats with strength

That's the problem. Veronica may be a titaness but a good blow to the head and even she would drop on the mat.

This thing is just metal and circuitry, it cannot be intimidated and it cannot feel pain or fatigue, and has no vitals so you can't strike it with decisive blows.

It can also be tuned however you like so you could feed it software to make it as skilled as Morihei Ueshiba and other top masters (think Neo from the first Matrix movie, the "I know kung fu" part).

That's enough cheating already imho.

@pihip Morihei Ueshiba was a human. So was every great martial artist in history. Any perfect simulation of a human must necessarily be fallible. AIs that have beaten human opponents, like AlphaGo, win precisely because they operate in an inhuman manner that surpasses human constraints (in the case of AlphaGo, it can simply cogitate far more potential scenarios and solutions than any person possibly could in a given time). Therefore, a machine fighting like a man is far fairer than a machine fighting like itself with no imposed weaknesses.

You do have a point with a metal/polymer body being much more durable and more taxing to hit, but this is going to be less of a factor in a grappling match. As I stated before, if it is caught in a joint-lock, its human physiology is going to guarantee its defeat.

@ozanty I'm genuinely wondering if 'Parthenon' is going to put a skin on that drone and market it as a 'toy'. Hell, one of them could be wandering around disguised as a human in plain sight and we'd never know...

Double-page supporter
How cute. The author must have seen that dancing robot video from Boston Dynamics and said, fuck it, why not.

But it makes you wonder, What's next? A man randomly entering the tournament? 🤡

There's probably a typo in the notes. "Only fistwraps OF bandages OR hemp" should probably be "Only fistwraps OR bandages OF hemp".

Dex-chan lover
Casually kills someone with a cyborg.
Everyone: "seems reasonable"

Users who are viewing this thread