Haiena-chan ni Nerawarete - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
To everyone commenting on the size difference, I just want to say, Fist of the north of Star did the same thing. When not fighting, the big guys would be somewhere between two and two and a half metres. During action sequences they'd easily grow to three metres tall and then in the next panel they might suddenly grow to double that.

This was done for the sake of dramatic panelling. Because, screw consistency.

Anyways if she is this tall in her hominid form just how large is her crinos form going to be?

Girl can make a Gurahl feel shrimpy.

Last edited:
dude-you-look-huge-bro.gif

Dex-chan lover
Well quality of the scanlation is why care,
What does this have to do with scanlation quality? A so-called "sniper" can theoretically produce a higher quality scanlation than the one that was doing it first-- not that I think that's the case here.

and it also can knock someone who's already been working on it off rhythm.
Someone doing their own thing shouldn't cause that for a normal person, especially when most are doing it for free or per commission.

It certainly never knocked the "normal" scanlation group for this manga when they were working on The Tsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsundere Girl Getting Less and Less Tsun Day by Day-- though I recall them consistently being outpaced by another scanlator group, and I also recall early chapters having at least five English translations.

Not only that, but if the "rhythm" of the team who was already working on it is arrhythmic (and scanlators often upload at their own pace because they do this for free and have more pressing material obligations) nothing about the etiquette being currently discussed holds an adequate solution. If they silently drop it, there's nothing about the etiquette at hand that concretely dictates when it's okay for another group to take over. If their scanlation is scuffed or even maliciously bad, the etiquette being discussed has no solutions for that. Should "sniping" be avoided when a scanlator group outright says that a given manga is 1) among multiple manga they're concurrently scanlating, and 2) isn't their top priority?

In the first place, the context for this scanlation could be far and away from the context for the "normal" scanlator group-- in which case, why should they care when they wouldn't even know about each other?

Plus it's just professional courtesy.
None of these scanlators are professionals. If they are, the scanlations they post onto this site aren't made in a professional capacity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread