Haite Kudasai, Takamine-san - Vol. 8 Ch. 47 - You're fired.

Contributor
Seriously would prefer it end with MC just saying yes I love someone and being let go as the closet. Then MC getting into an healthy relationship, bettering himself all around, getting into the college that Takamine's aiming for. Takamine sees this from the sidelines but its too late since she fired him. When she realizes her feelings and his for her, she has missed her chance and her power doesn't work. Or if her power did work, MC knows and hates her for undoing his hard work.
She realized her feelings for him since long ago. All of this is just so she can get his attention.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao in what other direction we knew what would happen what did you want
Yeah we all know the most likely outcome is they get together.

I'd rather would prefer it end with MC just saying yes I love someone and being let go as the closet. Shirota realizes they have an unhealthy relationship especially based on how it started. Then he could get into an healthy relationship, bettering himself all around, getting into the college better college then Takamine wantsled to. Takamine sees this from the sidelines but its too late since she fired him. When she realizes her feelings and his for her and has the strength to admit them to Shirota, she has missed her chance and her power doesn't work. If her power did work, MC knows and hates her for undoing his hard work

Or he simply snaps and can't take it anymore and ends his life due to her constant abusive attitude.

Or a host of other twists.

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping he would be fired, leading to Takamine missing him too much and deciding to approach him in a better way.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah we all know the most likely outcome is they get together.

I'd rather would prefer it end with MC just saying yes I love someone and being let go as the closet. Shirota realizes they have an unhealthy relationship especially based on how it started. Then he could get into an healthy relationship, bettering himself all around, getting into the college better college then Takamine wantsled to. Takamine sees this from the sidelines but its too late since she fired him. When she realizes her feelings and his for her and has the strength to admit them to Shirota, she has missed her chance and her power doesn't work. If her power did work, MC knows and hates her for undoing his hard work

Or he simply snaps and can't take it anymore and ends his life due to her constant abusive attitude.

Or a host of other twists.
Why are you still reading this manga?

Double-page supporter
you take a guy who's already not particularly popular (not unpopular, just, unnoteworthy,) with existing self-esteem issues, and then blackmail him into a series of dehumanizing and degrading situations, over and over and over, treating him like at best a pet and at worst an inanimate piece of furniture, and then expect him to think that the prettiest girl in his school is coming on to him instead of just using the body she's repeatedly stated that she feels no shame in exposing in order to manipulate him further? i know we as the audience are privvy to things the MC does not know, such as takamine's thoughts, but MC doesn't know. he's literally being gaslit, this is emotional abuse. she only gets a pass from readers because the mangaka is goated and really sells that she's supposed to be the prettiest girl in the school.

i'm not saying that my teenage self would have not gotten it by this point, but it probably would have taken exactly this chapter for me to be like "ok maybe i actually do have a shot with the 11/10 knockout who rules our entire school even though I'm supposedly a worm." and even then I would have the same insecurities about being rejected that he does. he's a little dense but honestly most guys kind of are, and what's more, he's being emotionally abused so he can't even interpret reality objectively. cut him some slack

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Stockholm syndrome lol. Bro almost escaped being her closet, but shit got kinda interesting even if it's cringe

Dex-chan lover
Its kinda interesting when people call the MC dense when Takamine is the one that jumps into the conclusion he must be in love with someone else due to his behavior.

Its like there are either double standards or some rather selective reading, considering Takamine been sending mixed signals during the entire run so far its not odd Shirota have the notion Takamine would respond in the way he imagines, after all she acts like a typical tsundare unable from not verbal degrade him and even if the reader can see past it, the reader is also privy to scenes that Shirota doesnt see.

I am sure, this is another example of how Takamine really loves Shirota but at the same time doesnt explain how jump to that conclusion, we could say she doubts Shirota can love her that says a lot of she understand how her behavior can be off putting, Shirota himself have a very reasonable doubt that Takamine would love him and wants to maintain their current relationship since in his mind, if he admitted to his feelings he would be rejected and their existing relationship would end.

Now the argument about the "bad writting" is because too much of Takamine behavior and feelings have to be deduced from her actions that can be hard to the "modern audience" being used to be spoonfeed the message and thus are unable to understand her, the attacks on Shirota are the usual that MC in romance series from the usual Giga Chads that post on /Anime, those are very easy to dismiss by anyone with a irking of how a narrative structure works (they basicly just want to have the entire story wrap in less that 10 chapters leaving the nubelous "relationship after they start dating" that would be of no interrest to anyone, including thenseles, to be the rest of the series until it would be axed like 8 chapters after).

The only main problem I can identify is Takamine behavior about certain things not being disclosed in a better way, we have no idea if her defaulting to Shirota not being able to like her is caused by a previous trauma or by her own negative self-image (its obvious she is very good in putting up that public face to the point it rarely drops), the story also doesnt want to advance in certain key points (why Shirota is able remenber what happened before she rewinds time, if both have meet when they were younger and that was heavily hinted) and it is meandering, I think this chapter isnt meandering as it disclosed futher their own feelings and just because thats not a resolution doesnt make it bad.
Nah, they're both stupid as hell. Either way he could've just told her how he really felt about her, but he's too much of a coward to do so, ESPECIALLY after she literally told him that she's upset that he's not reacting to her advances, even tho it's also her fault he hesitates to do so

Me personally, I would've just cleared up that misunderstanding and told her the truth, but since he loves to hesitate getting his words out, that allows her to make more assumptions

Characters in manga really love to say "it's not what you think" but NEVER explains themselves, so the misunderstanding remains there

Dex-chan lover
If either of these idiots were honest for like, one second, this series would've either been concluded or on a dating arc several chapters ago now. GOD this trope is aggravating. "Ooooh she can't possibly like me she's too good for me" "Ooooh I can't tell him I like him because..." why, exactly? "Weak little girl masquerading as a tough girlboss" is fine but surely it'd be the other way around, no? She'd try her hardest to come on strong and ask him out first to fake being "confident" and "not afraid of rejection?"

One day this trope will fall out of style like so many before it and I will rejoice when that day comes. Art's still pristine though.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, this guy... if it wasn't for the art...:facepalm:

I mean, yeah, it's good that he's now ATLEAST aware of his feelings, but how many chapters are we going to get of him being THIS kind of wishy-washy..? 50? 60?

Dex-chan lover
Now the argument about the "bad writting" is because too much of Takamine behavior and feelings have to be deduced from her actions that can be hard to the "modern audience" being used to be spoonfeed the message
bro.... its not that deep, we just wanna complain about a manga online...

Users who are viewing this thread