Hajime no Ippo - The First Step

Fed-Kun's army
@Dysisa
I'm starting to think this is just a demented bet that Morikawa made with Oda, about who could drag their manga out the longest.

In chapter 554, are some bubbles left empty intentionally, or was this just forgotten? I can imagine what's in them without trouble but seems weird

fhq

Calling it right now, sendo dies and ippo goes back to boxing for revenge.

He's deluding himself to the fact that he's content with his life as a trainer now but in reality, deep down, he wants to return to the ring. It's where he belongs

Dex-chan lover
I just wanted to take a step back and appreciate the fact that Morikawa has been doing this series for over 30 years.

And he doesn't look to be nowhere near finished.

Guys, I think we're at serious risk of Author Existence Failure here.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm in dis belief that this series is still going. Guess I have to jump back into it at some point now.

Contributor
Ha. I see where Morikawa is going with Shinoda stumbling over the name of the Dragon Fish Blow by reversing it: rather than a left body shot setting up for an overhand, it's going to inspire Kimura to set the body blow up with the overhand. Cute.

Well after reading this latest chapter I can pretty much assume Sendo will make it to Gonzales only to lose to him (like Apollo Creed vs. Drago from Rocky 3 funny considering he is Rocky of Naniwa). This will cause Ippo to come back to face Gonzale (this is all a guess).

Probably at least 30 chapters before we see Ippo fighting officially. I bet he ends up a popular sparring partner in Mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread