Hajime no Ippo - The First Step

Has there been any update or leaks on the story? I such a big fan and invested so much in the story, but it’s starting to lose me.... it’s starting to get boring. Characters aren’t as compelling as they once were. I’m still expecting an Ippo comeback but it’s starting to look less likey that it will happen any time soon. The fact that Ippo still has the wrist and ankle weights on leads me to believe he will eventually make a comeback. But yea idk I don’t want to drop it but the last few hundred chapters have been pretty bland.

Just finally caught up with all the episodes. I love this manga, it’s exciting, dramatic, and it makes me laugh out loud hard too!!
I’m totally fine with Ippo not coming back, i want to see if Sendo can beat Ricardo and see Takamura chase the six belts. I think he’s in a rush because he wants to do it before Coach Kamogawa dies.

really such a shame that he is still not returning to the ring

i dont care about realism, HNI for me was "work hard get results" fantasy and it was portraying that perfectly, its just depressing to see Ippo like this and I cant bear myself to read it anymore...
And I dont think author will make him come back at this point. I'm not mad or disappointed, I'm just sad, this is one of my favourite mangas of all time

Yoh, Author might pull a Slam Dunk on us. Absolutely legendary both of them. Then BAM! Ending out of nowhere. No conclusion. Just blue balls.

Fed-Kun's army
@bluedundancy Has he said that. Last I heard he said that only half of his material had been covered so far lmao. He works in an actual gym so he probably gets new ideas all the time

I'm honestly really enjoying the start of this "retirement saga". Kind of feels like a series within the series. Where the author is mirroring the start of the series but with a new set of characters

Power Uploader
@maisonaustyn pretty sure author mirros Date the way he did retire early in his career.
I don't really understand people who's frustrated about Ippo not being in ring, he already had 1000 of chapters in ring, it's good to see him have life outside of square. In my opinion if you've been following this for more than 50 chapters you'd learn to enjoy the ride. Only bad moment I can remember clearly if fight with Kangaroo guy, that was something else.

My thoughts are that Ippo was getting too close to the world title match, and so we got this as a setback, this way he will need to jump some hoops again before the world title and so on

Pre-Retirement Ippo was going to get gapped at the world level even with the upgraded Dempsey; it would’ve shattered him probably. He will undoubtedly come back like Date.

I know this sounds messed up but Kumi needs to get out of Ippos way. I feel like she’s holding him back a bit

Dex-chan lover
Just Started Reading, and I finished the First Chapter! And I was only ever filled with this inspiring, comedic feeling once sometime ago when I started One Piece!
I have a good feeling about this series!

Users who are viewing this thread