Hajimete no Gal - Ch. 185 - My First Fan

Group Leader
To summarize the situation, there was a disagreement about the tags in PEEP, another manga by the same author as Hajimete no Gal. Someone with the authority to edit the title decided that "sexual violence" and "erotic" were the correct tags, but I disagreed and kept the original tags.
The MangaDex staff discussed the matter internally and decided to punish me for using lighter tags, believing I was doing this to increase visibility. They took away my ability to edit Hajimete no Gal (which had nothing to do with it), and with this excessive moderation, I realized they could ban me from uploading or remove my chapters whenever they see fit. Therefore, this is a countermeasure.

I worked hard to make the site work well and look good, so I hope you like it. To be honest, the community of readers of Hajimete no Gal is much more welcoming and friendly than the people who are reading PEEP.

@EDIT

I've had a fair talk in private with the staff today; we're good now. I will keep the delay, but only to fix any issues before posting on MangaDex, so no more than a one-week delay.

Yukana best girl.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
To summarize the situation, there was a disagreement about the tags in PEEP, another manga by the same author as Hajimete no Gal. Someone with the authority to edit the title decided that "sexual violence" and "erotic" were the correct tags, but I disagreed and kept the original tags.
The MangaDex staff discussed the matter internally and decided to punish me for using lighter tags, believing I was doing this to increase visibility. They took away my ability to edit Hajimete no Gal (which had nothing to do with it), and with this excessive moderation, I realized they could ban me from uploading or remove my chapters whenever they see fit. Therefore, this is a countermeasure.

I worked hard to make the site work well and look good, so I hope you like it. To be honest, the community of readers of Hajimete no Gal is much more welcoming and friendly than the people who are reading PEEP.

Yukana best girl.
The violence tag allows people to know what they're walking into, sure most of the story hasn't involved it (so far at least), but not including it at all could mean someone heading straight into a scene that brings up a bad memory. Regardless of whether it's a dream sequence, people should know to avoid that manga based on what they'll see.
Whether they overstepped the mark by locking down your account is another matter, we're not privy to any back and forth you may have had, so not really in a place to weigh in.
On a more lighthearted note, are we ever getting any real content with the OG cover girl that lasts more than 3 pages? 🙃

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. I’ll have to be a few weeks behind on reading from now on though, as I’m too lazy to look for manga outside my Mangadex and Manga Plus feeds.

Dex-chan lover

Yukana best girl.
Just about when I wanted to ask whats the deal with new drama you already have it explained, perfect :3
Well, Im not a uploaded or a translator but I myself found out how bad the tagging system on MangaDex is, but I didnt know it was THIS bad with just one uninformed mod doing whatever he wants. I thought this exists only on reddit.
But it shows once again how double standart is applied here. "Erotic" ?, well we have to wait and see if its going that way. Personally it seems it will be more "erotic" then Hajimete no Gal, but by this logic 90% of shonen should be tagged here as "erotic". Same goes for the bonkers of "sexual violence".
I guess this applies to the very first chap where MC forcefully fucks her, which was ONLY A DREAM! But by this logic, why are other mangas where even more harder, or lets say, other snuff happens it dosent get applied the same?

Anyway. I didnt even "PEEP" existet since my feed is only filtered if its a harem manga. But this seems to be a good one too? What makes you say that the readers of Hajimete no Gal are more friendly then PEEP ?

Dex-chan lover
Regardless of whether it's a dream sequence, people should know to avoid that manga based on what they'll see.
Then why is it not applied on a regular basis here then. I know some mangas who did same but in reverse. Where its being tagged here, lets say for example a harem but none of it either happens, nor will it happend because nor are they are tagged or marketed as such by the original publisher or/and when its based on a novel (and already finished) - no Harem elements where there to be found.

On another hand I can also add that "sexual violence" seems to be a stretch here. A missunderstanding, which is also a god damn wank dream of the MC, where even in this setting she enjoys it, will be placed on the same level as god damn netorare and netorase is a joke.

Dex-chan lover
Then why is it not applied on a regular basis here then. I know some mangas who did same but in reverse. Where its being tagged here, lets say for example a harem but none of it either happens, nor will it happend because nor are they are tagged or marketed as such by the original publisher or/and when its based on a novel (and already finished) - no Harem elements where there to be found.

On another hand I can also add that "sexual violence" seems to be a stretch here. A missunderstanding, which is also a god damn wank dream of the MC, where even in this setting she enjoys it, will be placed on the same level as god damn netorare and netorase is a joke.
You're thinking in story, I'm thinking real world. I wouldn't want to see that if I had SA trauma, it's a stretch to say it would definitely trigger anybody, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone hyperventilating in their room, so I can see mangadex' reasons for being overly cautious.
There's plenty on here that are poorly tagged for sure, I was reading an isekai story a while back that just randomly threw in a over the top rape scene. It left a sour taste I could have done without, and after a while the tags were updated to include that, too late for me mind you.
Peep's just drawn a lot of quick attention so it's got some of those overly cautious eyes on it in a way older stuff hasn't. Luck, or lack thereof, of the draw I guess

Dex-chan lover
You're thinking in story, I'm thinking real world. I wouldn't want to see that if I had SA trauma, it's a stretch to say it would definitely trigger anybody, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone hyperventilating in their room, so I can see mangadex' reasons for being overly cautious.
There's plenty on here that are poorly tagged for sure, I was reading an isekai story a while back that just randomly threw in a over the top rape scene. It left a sour taste I could have done without, and after a while the tags were updated to include that, too late for me mind you.
Peep's just drawn a lot of quick attention so it's got some of those overly cautious eyes on it in a way older stuff hasn't. Luck, or lack thereof, of the draw I guess
Its one panel...ONE panel, without even going dark as this didnt even matched its theme. Lets be real, if you have "sexal violence", you would expect violence. We all know what that means and what to expect. Nothing happen here. And this is the problem I see why the tagging system is so fucked up here. We have the same tag, but it get applied randomly.
On one hand, we have to take and apply it as word for word. No exception. Dosent mater if its a dream, a panel or even just implied. On the other hand, we have to jump through hoops and rings as to even get close remotly why said tag is applied in said manga.
And by the way its fiction... Real world is not fiction... I know people get triggered these days almost about everything but if we apply what you said, then let them as its their site. But please by the grace of the Erdtree they should apply this nonsensical standart on every, single, manga here.

Dex-chan lover
Just read the peep chapter and I'm sorry ma boy appreciate the chapters but I feel sv tag is justified even if it's just a one or two panels.

As for the discrepancies in tagging that's just what's gonna happen when a website is self generated by people all over the world with different viewpoints and having to change tags as the story updates.
Just this morning I saw a story change from suggestive to erotica

Last edited:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator

Yukana best girl.
I'm copying and pasting my prior response from the dedicated support thread for this issue, for visibility.

You aren't banned from posting chapters because this has nothing to do with posting chapters; you're banned from editing manga because you've abused your ability to edit manga. The manga being locked at these tags isn't a punishment, it's stopping people from incorrectly labelling it; it's fortunate that the manga was already locked, otherwise your credits page would have resulted in many people vandalising the page.

Your edit rights were removed because you've stated multiple times that you believe the accuracy of tags is less important than having more people see a manga. You can't be trusted to edit anything, not just this title, if your attitude towards accurate data is this cavalier.

This title starts with a depiction of rape, is immediately followed by the MC getting pissed on, and then spends half a chapter focusing on a girl's naked crotch. You said "Surely seems justified when you see what you want to see, when you don't know the author's background, and don't read any other chapter." and I still don't understand what you mean; how does the background of the author, or "seeing what i want to see" make this not erotica? Tags aren't modified based on external factors like wanting it to show up on the front page or the tastes of the author, they're based on what's depicted in the work. I opened chapter 4 and saw the MC getting jerked off while saying "stop", so it's further justifying both tags.

You admitted in your credits page that you were removing the erotica tag because it reduced the number of people who could read the manga, despite it being entirely accurate; this is vandalism, and this is why your ability to edit has been removed. It has nothing to do with your uploads, it has no impact on your ability to upload chapters, and it will not result in your chapters being removed.

Attachments

• 1720676903847.png
    1720676903847.png
    329.5 KB · Views: 30
Staff
Super Moderator
In addition to @BraveDude8's response, here is additional context
@BraveDude8 changed it and after the "drama" started, everyone that wanted to involve themselves retroactively checked the decision and agreed that the manga should have the erotica tag (this includes contributors and power uploaders for mod decision sanity checking).
However, like a contributor said in another thread, some still think the sexual violence tag is open for discussion.

The MangaDex staff discussed the matter internally and decided to punish me for using lighter tags, believing I was doing this to increase visibility. They took away my ability to edit Hajimete no Gal (which had nothing to do with it), and with this excessive moderation
@BraveDude8

So, if I only express a different opinion, you punish me by removing my power to edit any manga information?
Including Hajimete no Gal, which have nothing to do with this one?
@BraveDude8 restricted your permission with the reason being your unwillingness to follow the site's rules and style guides even after a moderator got involved. This is a simple restriction mainly to stop the edit war (instead of locking the title, after all this was to stop you specifically, not multiple people), which could've been (and still can be) removed after a quick (or not so quick) discussion on why you think it is or isn't erotica, e.g. on Discord in the #contributors channel or in the support forum here (so it's not just with one moderator) with the goal to resolve this, or at least to start a discussion (after all, you haven't responded to any of the replies in the other thread).

I realized they could ban me from uploading or remove my chapters whenever they see fit. Therefore, this is a countermeasure.
I did not troll, I did not curse, and I did not offend. If things are so arbitrary with tags, who guarantees that I won't be banned tomorrow in the silence of the night?
tldr; no, the worst you could get for this is a permanent edit restriction (which wouldn't be permanent anyways and could be challenged after some time).
You would have only been banned if your actions had become malicious, e.g. griefing titles, uploading fake/partial/troll chapters, etc.

Last edited:
Custom title
Staff
Developer
And even though this is getting silly with the amount of staff responses, I just want to clear up one thing that seems like it might have been a misunderstanding based on these lines:

Someone with the authority to edit the title

They took away my ability to edit Hajimete no Gal (which had nothing to do with it), and with this excessive moderation,
All permissions on the site are global, we don't even have the ability to restrict them to specific titles if we wanted to. Anyone with title edit rights, including you when you had them, has the authority to edit any title.

I'm not sure about the other staff, but I believe this is also partly why we're usually pretty selective about removing only the specific action permissions that we can't trust a user with. The only reason we'd take away e.g. upload rights is if those rights, specifically, are used for rule breaking, such as uploading spam, official rips, or group evasion.

(Well, except if the user is broadly and flagrantly rule breaking in which case we'd just take away all rights.)

Last edited:
Group Leader
I'm copying and pasting my prior response from the dedicated support thread for this issue, for visibility.

You aren't banned from posting chapters because this has nothing to do with posting chapters; you're banned from editing manga because you've abused your ability to edit manga. The manga being locked at these tags isn't a punishment, it's stopping people from incorrectly labelling it; it's fortunate that the manga was already locked, otherwise your credits page would have resulted in many people vandalising the page.

Your edit rights were removed because you've stated multiple times that you believe the accuracy of tags is less important than having more people see a manga. You can't be trusted to edit anything, not just this title, if your attitude towards accurate data is this cavalier.

This title starts with a depiction of rape, is immediately followed by the MC getting pissed on, and then spends half a chapter focusing on a girl's naked crotch. You said "Surely seems justified when you see what you want to see, when you don't know the author's background, and don't read any other chapter." and I still don't understand what you mean; how does the background of the author, or "seeing what i want to see" make this not erotica? Tags aren't modified based on external factors like wanting it to show up on the front page or the tastes of the author, they're based on what's depicted in the work. I opened chapter 4 and saw the MC getting jerked off while saying "stop", so it's further justifying both tags.

You admitted in your credits page that you were removing the erotica tag because it reduced the number of people who could read the manga, despite it being entirely accurate; this is vandalism, and this is why your ability to edit has been removed. It has nothing to do with your uploads, it has no impact on your ability to upload chapters, and it will not result in your chapters being removed.

@BraveDude8 @Teasday @Tristan__

This text below is for BraveDude, tagging you just for the sake of the notification.

You arbitrarily took my permission. I was not informed about any "official decision" regarding the tag while we were adding and removing it. The tags impacted visibility. From my perspective, someone was adding them to undermine the manga's visibility (troll), and not that I was removing the tags illegally to gain more visibility. Your view is the opposite of mine, but you have the power, so you decide the truth.
I was not communicated of any decision about the tags, not even about the discussion until I received a message from another user about it. On my view, you have a wrong vision of my actions, the opposite of it.
I find it hard to believe that someone who is uploading chapters and providing a service to the community would spontaneously want to vandalize tags or increase visibility, don't you think?
I have no guarantee that another situation won't occur, and with this same mistaken view, you might delete my chapters or revoke my upload permission.

If you want to reach a more reasonable compromise, that's fine by me. If you don't want to budge on my editing permission, that's also fine. However, if you can reach a compromise on the duration of this "penalty" instead of making it permanent, I can safely stop the countermeasures and understand that you are willing to engage in dialogue and resolve this situation better. Because so far, I still didn't get a fair talk with the staff about it.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
I have already said it, so I repeat it again. You arbitrarily took my permission. I was not informed about any "official decision" regarding the tag while we were adding and removing it. The tags impacted visibility. From my perspective, someone was adding them to undermine the manga's visibility (troll), and not that I was removing the tags illegally to gain more visibility. Your view is the opposite of mine, but you have the power, so you decide the truth.
We discussed the addition of both the erotica and sexual violence tags in the contributors channel in Discord and we reached the decission that it should have both tags, so it's actually not the decision of only one moderator, but also part of the contributors team.

You arbitrarily took my permission. I was not informed about any "official decision" regarding the tag while we were adding and removing it.
You kept removing the tags, and thus started an edit war, so it's obvious that you'd get the editing permissions removed...
Next time something similar happens (this is for anyone else, as I doubt you'll get the edit permissions back anytime soon), ask in the Discord server or here in the forums instead of editing the title...

The tags impacted visibility. From my perspective, someone was adding them to undermine the manga's visibility (troll), and not that I was removing the tags illegally to gain more visibility.
The tags are there to warn the readers about things they might not want to read or see...
Also, the only content rating tags that get excluded completely are the pornographic ones, you can still see erotica titles while signed out...

Your view is the opposite of mine, but you have the power, so you decide the truth.
Uh... okay? Whatever...

Users who are viewing this thread