Hajirau Kimi ga Mitainda - Ch. 65.1 - Shirasawa’s Awakening 3

Dex-chan lover
You: "It's a fetish manga so what if they had sex"
Also you: "mc is mad because he got too horny and sensei is guilty because she got too horny. The author wrote the following chapters seriously because reasons I guess. See simple."

How can people say these things and bash those that say she assaulted him and that's why he's mad?
Nice cumback. When did I say "It's a fetish manga so what if they had sex".
MC is mad because he broke the iron rule and he did it because he was too horny to stick to that principle. Fuck sake fucking read the manga. It's not Shakespeare

Fed-Kun's army
I never said he wasn't drunk. I said he wasn't THAT drunk. For god sake, drink an alcohol first kid. That was both of them being tipsy. He realized he was tipsy too. Enough to know it was Ekoda.
Go on to that link and see the bottom panel. Did she ask him what he is going to do next? and you can see his response the next chapter. Jesus christ I'm talking to illiterate people.
The very fact you're stating he was drunk shows he wasn't in full control of himself. Also please show me the page where he asked to have sex? You do know people can still say no while doing it right? You also saw that while they were doing it he was clearly not fully conscious right?

Dex-chan lover
MC is mad because he broke the iron rule and he did it because he was too horny to stick to that principle. Fuck sake fucking read the manga. It's not Shakespeare
So why isn't he mad that he broke it with Kaho.
And this fucking idiot is too dumb to realize his last sentence is basically him saying "it's just a fetish manga".

Fed-Kun's army
it's a fetish manga that had a rape scene. The thing I find funny is how people are so mad at the mere mention of rape. That they are so mad at the idea that people can see the scene as rape. Forget how you see it the simple fact that all this started because people got angry that people called the scene rape a few chapters back is insane.

Dex-chan lover
Shirasawa, being 16 years old, is over the age of consent in Japan. He is legal. Plus, Ekoda did ask him what he wants to do. If not for the alcohol involvement, this would be perfectly legal.
Didn't one mangaka got in trouble for having sex with 16yo prostitutes? And in manga, in Boy's Abyss teacher who fucked her 17yo student the MC got insta-fired and ostracized by her neighbors, and on police watchlist, so clearly it's not considered fine and cool in Japan. Age-gap couple in manga often wait until the younger one is adult, like in Tawawa on Monday where the JK girlfriend shows up on her birthday "I'm 18 now, take my virginity sensei" to make it look better morally, which also shows clear and enthusiastic consent from the younger one , while older one is often apprehensive at first, also to make it look better. Here it was anything but that, she did everything to reduce his ability to consent, and in fact he's regretful next morning, as you mentioned before. I don't think forbidden age-gap must always be wrong in fiction, but author need to show me it's as consensual as it gets and they usually try to do just that.

Alcohol is normally totally forbidden for minors, any moral adult in manga will always prevent youngster from drinking. And total LOL at Galder for bullshitting calculations, in manga minors can get drunk on liquor chocos or even fumes, if minor is shown behaving like drunk then he's drunk. In josei manga and manhwa, especially horny ones, MC sometimes ends drunk in bed with hot guy in first chapter, sometimes even sober one, but she's always adult twenty-something or older and usually the one to initiate the sex and basically drunkenly sexually assault that hunk. I wonder if it's done to make the main girl look not like a slut for having casual sex, by making it a "mistake". Again, sex with drunk minor, no matter how slightly, is something I've seen always avoided in any manga or manhwa that's not rape hentai, even having fever from those three-four fatal drops of rain is sign to cancel sex.

In this case there was several simultaneous factors that made this as un-consensual as possible without it being outright forceful rape. Again, sensei did everything to make him, minor, way younger than her, virgin, and first time dealing with being drunk, as unable to freely decide to consent to sex as she could given the circumstances. Given that last chapter author make the joke of sister being dumb enough to not notice her coworkers cum on her at work, and that coyness with the non-canon rape side-story, I'm not willing to trust author that he thought that through.

Double-page supporter
it's a fetish manga that had a rape scene. The thing I find funny is how people are so mad at the mere mention of rape. That they are so mad at the idea that people can see the scene as rape. Forget how you see it the simple fact that all this started because people got angry that people called the scene rape a few chapters back is insane.
It's because people understand that rape is morally wrong, but they liked the scene, thought it was hot, and were cheering it on. And instead of reflecting on that behavior, they choose to rationalize it and pretend there was nothing wrong in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
It's because people understand that rape is morally wrong, but they liked the scene, thought it was hot, and were cheering it on. And instead of reflecting on that behavior, they choose to rationalize it and pretend there was nothing wrong in the first place.
And the best way to do that was attacking the people that said it was rape?

Dex-chan lover
It says nothing about them, but trying to use veiled ad hominem attacks says a lot about your argument.

The way I see it, there's no question that what the teacher did was wrong morally. She seduced her student, and I think she got him intoxicated with that intention and took advantage of him. There's no issue if people dislike the character for that. BUT I also don't think there's an issue if people still like the character. As the translator pointed out, this is considered erotica. No shit people are horny for the characters, that is the purpose of erotica.

But there's something I really hate when it comes to this "rape" discussion. Even if this is erotica I don't think theres anything wrong with discussing whether she's technically a rapist or not but at least do it properly. If you don't care about age of consent laws then you don't have a fucking argument. Don't bring up the MC being a minor and then proceed say you don't care whether he had the ability to legally give consent in the country he lives in. You're just yapping out of your ass.

I shouldn't have to explain this but rape is by definition unlawful. You're not more moral by throwing that word around willy nilly and then declaring yourself to be above anyone who would dare question it. I'm not even saying that whether what she did was wrong or not rests on whether it's illegal or not. And it may still be some form of rape other than statutory, but make those arguments if it is.
You know what, that was rude of me. I've seen a lot of these conversations around mangas I.E Gal Gohan and if you were there back then a lot of fighting for that side come off a certain way and it was wrong to just lump.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I do agree with you. But ask our bro Macron about that.

Joking aside, what the Ekoda did was not right.
On the other hand, let's face it fellas, there is very few reasons/conditions where the healthy, heterosexual man would refuse a sex with beautiful and desirable woman.

It is simple as that.

Galder addressed that point.
It's always the same with these people, their whole argument hinges on " he was drunk". No, he was not. He had a little bit of alcohol. He was absolutely capable of pushing her off and say no. But he didn't. End of story. I really hate to go there but it feels like these people have no real life, never left the house or went to a frickin party to get drunk and look for sex.

Dex-chan lover
I never said he wasn't drunk. I said he wasn't THAT drunk. For god sake, drink an alcohol first kid. That was both of them being tipsy. He realized he was tipsy too. Enough to know it was Ekoda.
Go on to that link and see the bottom panel. Did she ask him what he is going to do next? and you can see his response the next chapter. Jesus christ I'm talking to illiterate people.
Inviting freshmen female students to party and then giving them more/stronger alcohol than they wanted to drink is one of the most common fratboy rape story, both in hentai and in real life. It doesn't really paint this situation in much better light, especially if she tries to have sex with him just after confirming he was probably way more drunk than he thought. She sounds like one of that fratboys accused of gangrape on uni party.

Also yes, dude, if he was getting headaches and feeling numb he must have been heavily drunk at that point. When drinking lots of alcohol, it's common to be able to look and behave somewhat fine for short time, people can even not notice, then once you try to lie down after that it turns out you're a fucking zombie, once you've stopped going mostly on autopilot. Depending on how much, how long, what kind of alcohol you drink, how much you ate before, how drank and on what timeline can vary a lot, so claiming "he wasn't that drank" is simply bullshit. Like, seriously, people even get drunk in very different ways, some get sleepy, some look fine and even talk but they're barely conscious. You people talk like others don't know anything about alcohol, but as a vodka-drinking Slav I'd say you sound like don't know what you're talking about.

Your date comparison is also bullshit. I remember a story of a girl who took an offer of her male friend to use his place for sleep during her trip, and then he tried to have sex with her in the night, because she clearly should have expected sex from that offer. Taking someone's offer to sleep is in no way or shape a date, and if sex was never mentioned before, it makes it even more wrong to attempt it, since the other person is vulnerable to you when sleeping.

Last edited:
i knew many didn't like ekoda (which is fine) but seeing the tl notes i didn't know some think she raped the mc when he literally began sucking her boobs while enkoying himself in everything that happened later after she asked what he want to do and what happened was clearly reciprocated,he even blamed himself afterwards for breaking the iron rule.

Fed-Kun's army
It's always the same with these people, their whole argument hinges on " he was drunk". No, he was not. He had a little bit of alcohol. He was absolutely capable of pushing her off and say no. But he didn't. End of story. I really hate to go there but it feels like these people have no real life, never left the house or went to a frickin party to get drunk and look for sex.
Dude you've been told off again and again by many people yet you come back here saying the same thing. You're the one with no life

Dex-chan lover
i knew many didn't like ekoda (which is fine) but seeing the tl notes i didn't know some think she raped the mc when he literally began sucking her boobs while enkoying himself in everything that happened later after she asked what he want to do and what happened was clearly reciprocated,he even blamed himself afterwards for breaking the iron rule.
This post is just someone looking for attention. The fact that you even said you knew people didn't like her meant you knew why. There was no reason not to like her before that chapter.

Dude, people are free to keep reading and commenting this as much as they're free to shit on Rent-a-girlfriend every week, and if translator can't contain his butthurt over some comments to the point of actually restarting the whole discussion with angry credit notes that's his problem. This manga was pretty good once turned shit halfway through, just like "Onee-san is invading" turned shit halfway through, it's just that no one in "Onee-san..." threads pretends that friend of FeMC trying to force herself on MC to test him if he's a cheater wasn't shitty character.

So people can't hate sexy but shitty character in ero manga now, or what?
You're not wrong, people do have the freedom to keep reading the thing they dislike and can continue commenting about how much they dislike it. It's the TLs problem for lighting the fire on something that's a personal opinion and I can see how annoying it can be seeing that stuff as a reader.

However, no one's mind is being changed by arguing like this, because people have their own views on how they see things. No one is suddenly going to start liking/disliking Ekoda all because someone else's comment in a thread or because of notes on TL's page. You know this, I know this, and anyone else here following along knows that it's true. TL will never get you to like Ekoda. You're not going to convince TL that Ekoda is not worth liking. Now what? Are you going to keep arguing?

Also, at no point did I say that people can or cant dislike characters in mangas. I don't know who you're getting that from, but it's not from me.

Dex-chan lover
TY
You're not wrong, people do have the freedom to keep reading the thing they dislike and can continue commenting about how much they dislike it. It's the TLs problem for lighting the fire on something that's a personal opinion and I can see how annoying it can be seeing that stuff as a reader.

However, no one's mind is being changed by arguing like this, because people have their own views on how they see things. No one is suddenly going to start liking/disliking Ekoda all because someone else's comment in a thread or because of notes on TL's page. You know this, I know this, and anyone else here following along knows that it's true. TL will never get you to like Ekoda. You're not going to convince TL that Ekoda is not worth liking. Now what? Are you going to keep arguing?

Also, at no point did I say that people can or cant dislike characters in mangas. I don't know who you're getting that from, but it's not from me.
Then why did TL lighted that fire? I already have low opinion about people who attach their rants to manga that's legally property of its creator and result of mangaka's very hard work, either make it cute little joke, or drop your stuff and add some actually useful explanation of this or that Japanese fact or language trivia. Especially quoting Mangadex comment is super dumb, because if he sees them, he can just go into comments himself and argue them directly right there, instead of preemptively shitting up the next chapter's thread

And since there is not much to discuss beside "nice tits", and plenty of people are already critical of the latest arc, it's normal that threads turn out similar to the threads in "Rent-a-Girlfriend" or "Onee-san is invading", where people have fun mostly by criticizing the characters or the plot, or by arguing with people who still like it.

People talk more about plot and characters if they're enjoying the plot and like the characters, because then they also like talking about them. As it is, expect threads to be on fire until manga gets better.

Dex-chan lover
If people can enjoy Redo of Healer while admitting that MC is rapist, they should be able to do that here as well. Quite a few josei smut has hot rapist love interest who is awesome at sex, people just call it dub-con or whatever, there is no reason to argue that hot sex scene one faps to and self-inserts into is necessarily moral as well.

Dex-chan lover
It seems the one that has no idea what they're talking about is you. You're comparing getting drunk and driving to sexual assault
I'm not comparing shit, I'm just saying that you aren't a helpless baby that can't even think if you have something to drink. I would agree with you if he got blackout drunk, but he clearly didn't. If he was really so against it, he could have stopped her at any time.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not comparing shit, I'm just saying that you aren't a helpless baby that can't even think if you have something to drink. I would agree with you if he got blackout drunk, but he clearly didn't. If he was really so against it, he could have stopped her at any time.
So basically it's his fault that got assaulted because he was too out of it to stop her is what you're saying. Just wow

Users who are viewing this thread