Hana ni Arashi - Vol. 12 Ch. 143 - A Hint of Anxiety

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

whoops, hell of a freudian slip. that closet floors slick apparently.

Dex-chan lover
"Rainbows after Storms"? I don't have high hopes for the localisation after that butchering.
I'm one of the people working on this fan translation and I don't see the problem with "Rainbows after Storms". "hana ni arashi" is just a set phrase that means that bad things sometimes interrupt good things. The English set phrase that they've used, that means that good things sometimes follow bad things, is good enough for me.

I'm also usually pretty happy with Viz's translators technically speaking. There have been times where I find them a bit... flat or something... compared with what I would have done, but I've rarely seen any mistranslations or problems with the English.

Group Leader
thats nice but i prefer physical copies at least
I'm... very confused as you've just said you were unable to get those, but sure. Support official if you can. If you can't, our chapters are staying up.

In any case, I was only trying to highlight there's a reasonable option out there for everyone who wants to support them, there are no region locks on volume releases.

Dex-chan lover
Dang totally thought this would've had an official English translation already, glad to see it finally happen (and for you guys to continue translating until the end, it's almost there!).

Also oh my god that closet door is wide open just step out of it already your friends will support you

Dex-chan lover
I'm one of the people working on this fan translation and I don't see the problem with "Rainbows after Storms". "hana ni arashi" is just a set phrase that means that bad things sometimes interrupt good things. The English set phrase that they've used, that means that good things sometimes follow bad things, is good enough for me.

I'm also usually pretty happy with Viz's translators technically speaking. There have been times where I find them a bit... flat or something... compared with what I would have done, but I've rarely seen any mistranslations or problems with the English.
I have never heard "rainbows after storms" used as a set phrase before, but perhaps I'm too English for that.

Dex-chan lover
I'm... very confused as you've just said you were unable to get those, but sure. Support official if you can. If you can't, our chapters are staying up.

In any case, I was only trying to highlight there's a reasonable option out there for everyone who wants to support them, there are no region locks on volume releases.
ah sorry, i wasnt clear about it, i work as a marine biologist so i pretty much live isolated from the city and such, the only chance i get to order things and ship to me directly is when i get home which is not in few years..

Dex-chan lover
I really do wonder what will happen to my generation and the people after me, we probably won't be able to afford proper housing outside of condos, and that'll play a big role in family dynamics. Our environment sure is selecting for the introverted society with much more lack of personal connections.

Dex-chan lover
200,000 yen is about $1300... I wish I could find a 2 bedroom in my city anywhere close to that cheap.
the average annual wage of Japanese is 6mil/year. That's about 500k yen per month, which makes 200k a huge sum of money, especially for them as they're college students who could only do part-time jobs. Luckily they have their parents to rely on though.

Dex-chan lover

The title choices are damn amusing. Even when the translation is excellent, you just end up questioning the official names quite oft. No wonder fan names stick way better.

Dex-chan lover
There's no way all their friends and family don't already know or at least suspect given how they are with each other. They're just being patient and waiting for them to come out in their own time. Although if they're not out by graduation then I can see the friends forcing them to confirm it.

Double-page supporter
I'm so happy it's getting licensed, I was close to buy the japanese version

Users who are viewing this thread