Handyman Saitou in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 33.5 - The Ninja With the Legendary Skill & The Witch Who Lived for 400 Years Travel Edition

Oho, what a twist! The bad boy has a sweetheart he's fighting to save. Much less shitty of a motivation than expected.

He's still a dick, though. Can't just wave off being a murderous, rude bastard just because there's something worth sympathizing with in his backstory.

Also in his best interest to lose here, if Morlock is actually the sorcerer responsible for the whole dungeon. Killing him would probably be killing the only possibility of using any of the supposed time magic. Would be a bitterly ironic end to his tale.

Double-page supporter
She's been alive for 400 years... You'd think she'd have used just a fraction of that time to research everything related to her condition.

Bad plot point is bad. And unredeemable fuckstick is still unredeemable.

Fed-Kun's army
Well he certainly is a ninja. Those feels snuck up on me outta nowhere...

Dex-chan lover
I bet the fairy sent him on a wild goose chase. The witch is probably going to show up in a chapter asking her fairy friend why one of her cloaks were on a dead old lady.

all because the fairy loves the witch and was appalled that a man did that to the witch.

How do we know we can trust this fairy that appeared out of nowhere? For all we know, she could be the one who curse the witch to turn old.

Dex-chan lover
@MrMcNasty

she's old because she fell in love, the demon that cursed her is already dead and the curse stayed with the exception that it will break IF she falls in love.

the heart is a fickle thing. but the curse staying in place for 400 years meaning she never fell in love for that whole period. maybe she knew or not about the love condition of the curse. who can say.

Dex-chan lover
wait, why was being immortal til you fall in love a curse? Like if you didn't want to live a long time you just had to fall in love before you got so old the curse would end you
I guess it's kinda tragic to be like "you finally found a love, now die" but the implication there is still that you lived longer, so you still get to meet a love you wouldn't have met at all in your original lifespan if it's past when you would've died normally, so a positive.

Anyways, what a dumbass he's a ninja but he can't just like, ignore people as he dungeon crawls instead of starting a bunch of fights?

Double-page supporter
@no168_92
No I get that... It's just... what kind of self-respecting wizard gets CURSED BY A DEMON and doesn't immediately spend every waking moment trying to understand their curse?

It's like having a mechanic that knows there MUST BE something wrong with their car, but they don't bother to fix it... Can you spell "recipe for disaster?"

Fed-Kun's army
Come on authors seriously? If you are going to bring a flashback backstory to justify a person's reasoning for doing something then try to have it make sense and furthermore try not to make it try to gain sympathy points when his actions so far have been incredibly questionable as to what he is doing and why. He is trying to revive someone he loves via great labyrinth does not justify being an asshole murder hobo for apparently no good reason unless it is going to be explained further. I hate it especially when authors try to justify a character's horrible actions via flashbacks due to X events but said events do not make sense why characters are doing incredibly shitty things. Hell the man is a ninja apparently with a lot of good stealth. Why not sneak past everyone?

Dex-chan lover
So he's taking out competition. I mean we don't really need a backstory to see that. Hell we don't even need this chapter to know he's on a killing spree because of the witch. Still nice to know of course.

Group Leader
@Arkos Isn't he supposed to be an antagonist character, that is a jerk and power hungry assassin who just learned the meaning of love? If anything, this expand his characterization so he's not just a 1D villain, no?

Users who are viewing this thread