Handyman Saitou in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 33.5 - The Ninja With the Legendary Skill & The Witch Who Lived for 400 Years Travel Edition

Aggregator gang
@lapizlazuli I certainly want characters to be more than 1D and good characterizations but my point is that I question what is he doing now and why he is doing it. Having the goal of saving a loved one by delving into a dangerous labyrinth is certainly a good motive and shows a reason for certain actions. What doesn't make sense in regards for actions to reach this goal for me is that he is randomly murdering everyone he sees in said place for no apparent reason as of yet just makes him to out be a complete dumb murder hobo. If you are told I can find a cure for someone they love in X location, would it then make sense to start murdering everyone in said place when your objective is the cure and the people there have absolutely nothing to do with it? Hell it seems he is going out of his way to murder people rather than search for the sorcerer ESPECIALLY when you consider he is probably losing time not finding the sorcerer and trying to murder people. Power hungry and jerk doesn't really make sense for me when his goal is the cure and he is losing precious time I think the more he wastes on being a murder hobo. His goal is cure but he is being a complete murder hobo for no good reasons as far I can see and I find it incredibly annoying when a Author brings up a flashback story that somehow tries to justify a character's actions but leaves more questions as to why the hell they decided to murder hobo for no good reason.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking knew it, it was the Ninja that appeared in the side stories!

Dex-chan lover
so... he killing people who have potential to get time sorcerer power, and that is why he attack Saito first because he is an expert at opening door.

Dex-chan lover
This manga may look like an isekai, but it's actually a love story about an assassin saving his loved one

Dex-chan lover
@Arkos well, he is still an assassin. I just assumed senseless murder was his general response to an issue/s. Seriously, there are a ton of reasons why he could be attacking others: He could think they’re after what he is; he could have decided it’s easier to kill first and ask questions never; it could be something else entirely. Really we just don’t know. I love this series and it has a surprising amount of character development and story for how it’s written, but ultimately the chapters are fairly short and drawn. There’s only so much information we can get per chapter, without the author just giving us pages of written backstory and reasons. What we just got is “why the assassin is in the labyrinth at all”. We’ll get “why the assassin is attacking our heroes” in an upcoming (probably next) chapter. Personally I’m more curious about the curse and shared face the witch has

Dex-chan lover
ah shit now we know our antagonist is driven BY LOVE!
I hope it all ends well

Contributor
Oh man, this was a real serious chapter. Now our man is on a quest for his love.

@Fari
Reading the chapter again and it actually says the immortality part was a spell and it ending when she fall in love could be a flaw with the spell or the demon just being a dick.

@MrMcNasty
Why are you assuming that the witch didn't know how the spell work.

Aggregator gang
The fucking fairy is the one pulling the string isn't it. Give us our wholesome demon-bro assassin back!

Dex-chan lover
hmm so his target is morlock, but given gramp's state i don't think he will remember such a convenience spell..

Double-page supporter
Oh wow this turned into a romantic manga...

I'm not expecting this...

Aggregator gang
@TNT261 Honestly if it is any of the reasons you listed I can't but help think that he is just the dumb murder hobo more. None of those things exactly help get him closer to the cure without just saying that is kind of a dumb plan. As far I can possibly reason is that 1. Eliminating competition(?) and I put the question mark there as I really don't see how he would reasonably conclude that idea as they are adventurers adventuring and would still be a waste of time I think because he hasn't really been shown to be investigating where the sorcerer is or 2. He found the sorcerer of the labyrinth and maybe struck a deal to kill the "intruders" which would make sense for killing people.

Users who are viewing this thread