Happy End. - Vol. 3 Ch. 11 - Shadow of the Frog and Snake

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see this manga back, really looking forward to getting to the bottom of the mystery - I did try to go through the raws with Google Lens a few months ago, but sadly I couldn't really make sense of it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, thank you very much for picking this amazing manga up!! Even if just temporarily, I'm glad to see it back and finally see the continuation.
I'd still look forward to a proper translation, but for now, I shall gratefully accept this.

Dex-chan lover
This... Is fundamentally bad writing.

Bad writing for a mystery. Like, classically bad writing for a mystery. It's okay as a different genre.

We have had eleven chapters to develop characters and world settings. That may not seem like a lot, but it is still three volumes, and out of 21 chapters in total, this is more than the halfway point.

That means the author had ample opportunity to flesh out characters and build up a list of possible suspects. Which the author kind of did. With the girls.

But then we have literally the first named boy in this entire series dropped onto our laps in the eleventh chapter. I get it. This isn't the actual big bad guy. He explicitly says it. But my point is that the author should've done SOMETHING to even introduce the character before this point.

The author could've just had a quick page in one of the first chapters where it introduced Akane to the class, and this boy would be one name out of the many in the classroom. That would've been significantly better than this crap where the author can just invent this character in this chapter, without any forethought or planning.

It's bad mystery writing specifically. A mystery should at least kind of sort of hint at the reveal. If it doesn't, then it's just deus ex machina writing.

Dex-chan lover
This... Is fundamentally bad writing.

Bad writing for a mystery. Like, classically bad writing for a mystery. It's okay as a different genre.

We have had eleven chapters to develop characters and world settings. That may not seem like a lot, but it is still three volumes, and out of 21 chapters in total, this is more than the halfway point.

That means the author had ample opportunity to flesh out characters and build up a list of possible suspects. Which the author kind of did. With the girls.

But then we have literally the first named boy in this entire series dropped onto our laps in the eleventh chapter. I get it. This isn't the actual big bad guy. He explicitly says it. But my point is that the author should've done SOMETHING to even introduce the character before this point.

The author could've just had a quick page in one of the first chapters where it introduced Akane to the class, and this boy would be one name out of the many in the classroom. That would've been significantly better than this crap where the author can just invent this character in this chapter, without any forethought or planning.

It's bad mystery writing specifically. A mystery should at least kind of sort of hint at the reveal. If it doesn't, then it's just deus ex machina writing.
The bad guy is a frog

Supporter
hmm. I literally never remember this guy so skimmed whole thing again. He did appeared from time to time but becasue author never did the "named everyone in the class" like previous chapter and the story mostly focus on akane and sayaka so we barely learned the whole class name.

Well, the usual troupe, the mastermind would be "real akane" right? still don't know why the experiment is necesssary tho. hopefully reveal next chapter.

Contributor
Akira, the only guy in class is certainly a prime suspect for whoever that masked person was, because they were obviously wearing a male's business suit. But is it really that easy? Even he denies it, but he's probably connected or even a conspirator if it's not him. There are 10 more chapters after this, so there's plenty of time to throw some more red herrings about the mystery person's identity. Because of the existence of clones and multiple bodies we also can not rule out (older) Akane herself from the list of suspects.

oh god i forgot to mention: if Any of the guys (and gal? person? xe? alien thing!) from Animewaves is still working on this series, please let me know if you want me to delete this chapter, since i just went to check and found out that you guys will finish this eventually .,,,,..
I think they already dropped this series. Anyway, if you need a proofreader or something like that, just hit me up.

Users who are viewing this thread