Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh: this would have work better if the separation took place 3-4 years ago instead.
why should anyone provide for a mom and her 17 year old daughter after so much no contact.
if it was just for a weekend or something to get them out of a tough spot i would understand, but they act like he's expected to provide for them and the daughter is even bitching about his "hospitality".
14 year-old daughter (correction) can cope, but the story sounds more like pimping to me.

so far in chapter 4 the mom is very suspicious, diverting the conversation, panicking when asked about certain things etc. she definitely has ulterior motives but it's too early to say she has bad intentions.

Fed-Kun's army
Wowza, these comments. Real incel vibes. However, just based on ch1 I could say they'd be less upset if the MC had any fuckin' emotions at all. Like, if they had a good relationship they should probably have some sort of fuckin' response to her showing back up, but he doesn't seem to give any thought to it. Seeing as they dated for just a couple months it appears...that kind of makes sense to a degree. For most of us it'd be awkward to have an ex there, but if they just went out a few times over a couple months then they're basically fine.

The issue ultimately is...I doubt they don't have a hefty backstory, which puts me on the side of uncomfortable with how nonchalant he is. It'd be fine if he just let them have a room, but the interactions like they're family is just so bleh. The tone of the story is more the problem than anything else.

Dex-chan lover
A warning to anyone looking through the comments section trying to figure out what this manga's deal is (if you even managed to get this far):

This manga intentionally leaves out a lot of details about the two leads' pasts and current circumstances, to be revealed later and only imagined by the reader at this point.

Unfortunately, every reader has their own life experiences to draw on, and their own opinions about women and their responsibilities and role in life, which leads to their imaginations to go wildly different places. Read first and come to your own conclusions.
From what some of them say it would appear that they have been scammed and/or cheated on by every women in their life, except for (maybe) their mother.

Dex-chan lover
I have a problem with chapter 2 the guy boiled the water in a kettle and then proceeds to MICROWAVE IT I’m appalled
Boiled water for the tea base then added milk and microwaved for some kind of tea latte.

This would be better in the chapter discussion thread though.

Dex-chan lover
so far in chapter 4 the mom is very suspicious, diverting the conversation, panicking when asked about certain things etc. she definitely has ulterior motives but it's too early to say she has bad intentions.
There is only one answer ... OYAKO - DON. DUM DUM DUM!

I don't know what's worse. The fact that MC STILL HAS FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE THAT LEFT HIM 17 YEARS AGO (that are not those of hate for some reason for ghosting him), or the fact that this is most likely a self-insert fantasy of the female author (like those absolute abominations of literal-no-personality-mc self-insert romcoms).

Explain to me how, for 17 YEARS you're so hung up on your ex, that you don't try to have a relationship with other women. If he was so depressed and sad for her leaving him, why didn't he off himself? In situations like these, he'd have attempted it and he would've either succeeded or his friend/s would've helped him get out of his depression and he'd be dating again. Either way, he would've gotten over her for that time span. If that "friend" of his hasn't helped him get over her in all this time, then that's not a friend, that's an acquaintance at best.

I really hope this manga is only popular because we are "ranting" in this forum.
And is actually seen at the bottom pile in actual comic book stores in Japan.

Because if THIS is somehow popular, it would signal that a certain demographic of males, and females are OK with this story running its course.

... And with Vice, and CNN bombarding international news channel about "herbivore men" in Japan.
I hope to the heavens that it's just sensational news, and not something that actually exists in the vast majority of the people...

Dex-chan lover
After reading Chapter 5, I think it’s less of the mom trying to financially leech off MC but more of trying to get her daughter along with MC as a replacement dad for continuity purposes. Maybe something along of lines of “my daughter needs a good dad, even if it’s a stepdad” .

Dex-chan lover
This manga is making me feel real complicated emotions and subsequently making me do some introspection on my own opinions on relationships as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread