Hariko no Otome - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.2

Ezk

If you think that it's okay to marry a young girl just because you saw it in a manga the one with problems is you mate

Dex-chan lover
@AnonDePlume yeah but this isnt a 1:1 reproduction of our world, its just based on it, so it could be almost the same but with different rules, hell they could have a pet moose or some crazy shit and it would be fine coz it aint a 1:1 reproduction, so i see no problem with the marriage thing in mangas

1) no it was pretty normal in certain parts of the world, the world isnt just whatever one country's nobles u r referring to, presumably brits.

2) i dont like age gaps or under 18s,

But i hate the anglosphere's witch hunt fetish even more. I'm so sick of the endless "but it's wrong" comments in every section when even just a little under 18 is shown.

she's 15, there's no sex or romance involved and as a move to protect her, it's a pretty decent move

But no, no one cares about that, instead it's 99 fbi comments. Fucking anglo's

IT'S NOT AN ACTUAL MARRIAGE PEOPLE
It's probably a sham political marriage/proposal- as long as she already rulled as betrothed her family has less power over her

Gross. I was thoroughly enjoying this, until the old man proposed marriage to a kid. Wtf is wrong with these authors that they can’t find a plot line that doesn’t involve some weird grooming bs like this. Super disappointed in the direction this is going. The comments salivating over these two possibly being together are creepy af btw.

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Couldn't have had a non-romance of this girl just redesigning outfits for everyone and creating a fashion renaissance?

Have any of the people complaining about the age gap really paid attention to the previous chapters?

She has powers on the level of her family's founder, if not stronger, her abilities immediately make her a possible candidate to be a royal concubine (though so far it's more like extra info), she does not want to return to her family and her abilities put her at great risk to any malicious people.

What I think is, the reason she is being proposed by the former king and not the current one is because that way she won't be used for political reasons, while also being given basically the highest protection by being with royalty.

The king has not shown any interest in her so far, so what is this about grooming and what not?? You should read Stepmother's Marchen then, not everything has to be a forced age gap marriage that will result in a romantic/sexual relationship 🙄

HUH?? EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? WTF O.O Can't you like adopt her or something??

Thank you for the update!!

I see people complaining _------_ you know on those times being married to someone older than you is a thing right? Like in medieval times, what are ya all mad about if the story is somewhat realistic

Fed-Kun's army
The comments in here are getting out of hand. Everyone is freaking out the age difference, so I was super curious and read some of the light novel to see if it's as squick as everyone is complaining about it being.

This spoiler may not be 100% accurate because I super skimmed the chapters (but they're spoilers nonetheless so please read at your own risk):

The former King Arjit suggested marriage because he felt that was the quickest and easiest way to protect Yui from her crappy family. Even though Rodin did "purchase" her by legal means, her family would be able to contest it to force her to return. If Yui married into the royal family, there would be no contesting it.

Yui specifically says that Arjit isn't a lolicon and she understands that he's only offering marriage to protect her from her family.

Instead of marriage, they all come to an agreement to have Yui work as his official seamstress instead. That way she would still be under Arjit's protection (not as solid, but still better than nothing). Arjit apparently has been planning on taking down the Nielle family (Yui's family) for a while because they've been dealing with a lot of shadiness, so now he's thinking it's best if they somehow put Yui in charge of the Nielle family and do away with the rest.

The story continues on with Yui creating crazy OP clothes and armor...there is barely any romance in what I read. I think this story is focusing more on Yui's powers and politics than on any kind of romantic subplot. But by my guess, Arjit doesn't feel like the ML...IF there's going to be an ML, I feel it's most likely going to be a knight named Stall...or it's aiming for a harem-esque situation where there is no obvious ML.

Yui also mentions that she feels Arjit and Rodin are super handsome and cool, most likely because she is reincarnated and she's mentally their age inside. I know, I know, it's an excuse like the cliche 1000 year old loli in shonen ecchi animes, but at least in this case, the men aren't trying to sleep with her, they're genuinely concerned for her well-being. And judging from the comments on the WN forum, a lot of fans consider Arjit the "ojiisan" gentleman of the harem troupe.

EDIT: On the main page there is no ROMANCE tag. I repeat, NO ROMANCE TAG. Please put down your pitchforks people!

Double-page supporter
EEEEEHHH?!! Well, it's not about the age gap, I'm totally cool with it. I just thought Rodan will the first one to make a move.

Meo

Double-page supporter
Pretty sure he's asking her hand in marriage to protect her.

Maybe not just from her parents who's total scum but probably from the Royal family. She does have a Gloom Spirit that can apparently undo all divine protection which makes her dangerous. Just creating protection spells is problematic if she gets taken by an enemy, but being able to undo protection spells makes her dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread