Hariko no Otome - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1

Dex-chan lover
So the former king didn't have any kids already she could marry instead?

yvq8cg4paa651.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I feel like they skipped a few possible routes for this option

I dont know how to feel about this...Apparently hes younger than he looks but still....This went down a weird rabbit hole

Double-page supporter
I'm happy the series continued but i dont like the development :/

@JohannesKT
35-15... He could be her dad, how is it okay? This is the pedo route... And no... Age is not just a number.
I thought he was adopting her... Would make much more sense.

Supporter
Normally in this kind of story she marry the one who saved her, here it's another man... Will see how it's developing...

The only think that disturb me is "former king"... To be the former king, why did he's not a king anymore? If he let his son have the throne, how old is he? Anyway, how old he he even if he give his throne to someone with the same age?

So...he’s saying that she could be used for political gain, so she should let HIM use her for political gain before anybody else does? He’s the former king but that doesn’t really mean he has the power to protect her. Adoption would be more interesting. Or even making her an employee. Plus, I liked the mansion she was working in. I don’t know about this...

@missmori Yeah, he didn't give her any time to decide. He just gave her 2 options: 1) Going back to being a slave. 2) Marry him (which is potentially worse, since she knows nothing about him other than "he seems nice")

I hope when they marry that the silk spider transforms and kills her father out of wraith and she heals the silk spider.

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyr247 In these sorts of stories the only way that people can be used for political gain is to marry them off, or in her case she could be sold off and locked into a tower. These days a King is a hereditary position, passed from father down to son. If I have to guess, the author considers the title of King to be the same as a Company President, or a CEO. So Kings can retire if they want.

I think either way the only person who would mess with the former king, is the current king. Anyone else would be considered insulting the monarchy. It would set a poor precedent otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
Wait wait wait wait wait
I kinda understand how he can't really adopt her since technically her family didn't disown her or whatever. And by marrying her he overwrites her current family and is an obstacle for future men.. But like... I'm just.... I.... Its like happening all too fast and like... Is she being taken advantage of?? Like.. Son.... Give her sometime to get to know you as she hides away in that house.
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread