Hariko no Otome - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1

i hate when this happen.
you make her like she didnt had any choice except to marry you. fuck it
she still exploited

Yes finally some dilf action in a story. Some people may find it creepy but I like this option better rather than having to hide her own passion and talent in fear of persecution. I’d say based on how the story is she’s not going to end up with the former king. I just hope she doesn’t end up with the same cookie cutter ml that most fl do.

That's a good protection. The father's plan will now end in failure because if he makes her spider turn into a demon, then they can slap him with the charge of "tried to assassinate the former king/fiance of former king."

They probably won't even marry. This doesn't look like that kind of shoujo. He picked her up like a child.

It would be weird if they married and actually got together. Character wise and everything, he's more like the mentor character, not the male lead character. He's a hot uncle type and everything about him from characterization, appearance, and even the few spoilers from the novel point to him being a reliable adult.

Furthermore, the story seems to be more focused on her and her adventure, which means that the focus isn't necessarily on romance (even if romance is eventually involved).

Aggregator gang
@juntaksadis What other option does she even have? If he adopts her as his daughter, then that means she can still get married, and since he's no longer king then the nobles will still find some way to pressure him into marrying her off. If he employs her, the same issue arises. If she goes off on her own, she'll be found out and then forced to work lie she did before, assuming she lives long enough to get found out. If he marries her, however, then there is little anyone can do to force him to let her become someone else's wife, and since she'd become a part of his family instead of being employed by him then they can't force her to "work" for someone else. He may be the former king, but his title can only protect himself and his direct family to an extent. Also, even if she becomes his daughter, she will only be his daughter in name and won't share his blood. Thus, the nobles will have less qualms about kidnapping the adopted daughter of the former king.

I will admit that she is still being exploited, but it's a matter regarding the lesser of two(or more) evils. Would you rather be imprisoned and worked to death your entire life, marry some rando who probably won't treat you well, die in some ditch after running away, or marry someone you actually know a little and who has shown you nothing but kindness? Enslaved work, marriage(two options), or death? I mean, it doesn't take a genius to see which option is better, right?

Y'all read too much twitter threads gdi. Just wait a few chapters before giving ur opinion / just drop it & gtfo 🙄🙄

Oji-san you better shave next time. Or else she's going to dump you for a fresh meat after a few years~

Double-page supporter
Aaaaah I'm screeching in joy! I thought she'd be paired with the blondie but then the former king proposed & she freaking accepted!!!! I'm glad she was an adult in her previous life so she's not a gullible or short-sighted teenager!

Imagine her 'family's' surprise if they know who wants her as a wife! Will they still dare to kill the former king with that threat? That said, I hope she can reform her own contract with the spider... if not, just work with the fairies while the spider was subjugated or something.

Edit: Some people who commented before me below had so much negativity & not thinking thoroughly. First of all, she was an adult when she died previously & she was born with an adult memory & experience in her. She wasn't manipulated & she made a very consenting & conscious decision to save herself via agreeing to marry him. Second of all, this world was at least a medieval age, so at fifteen we all can agree that it's normal for women to be engaged or married already. Third of all, even if the former king's a lot older, he didn't propose because he thought with his d*ck so this is far from p*dophilia, & he's probably still single so he didn't intend to make her his concubine but a (legal) wife. So, he proposed to protect her, as the national treasure & Divine Embroidery Seamstress, who also has the same power as the first Seamstress. He's basically doing her a priceless favour in order to protect her from harm similar to what her 'family' had been doing to her. Fourth of all, can you imagine if he didn't propose right then & there? The current king (which will appear in the future?) probably, if he got wind of her... might take her instead & make her his concubine, which is a NOPE. Fifth of all, if the much younger Marquis Blondie proposed to her instead of the former king, her hurdle would be a lot harder to overcome & people could still sabotage their probable relationship (like her 'father' had been assuming & thus plotting for against her). So the proposal from the former king is a better, no, BEST option for her security right now. It's a mutual & symbiotic relationship even if there's no love built in between them. She can protect the former king with her clothes-making, & he can protect her with his status as the former king!

So, all in all, don't jump to assumptions too quickly & sit tight & calm your b*obs pronto y'all.

Thanks to Lè Moin Tart Scans for giving an update to this, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise and this is really good so far.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean ignoring the undertones (overtones lol) of constant male support being necessary for this women to exist; there isn't a better solution. The only 2 other solutions would be to end her families house without cause, which would be bad or to devote herself to the clergy where she could be exploited politically as well. At least in the marriage case she will be treated like royalty, no responsibilities, free to do as she likes in an ivory tower for the rest of her life. Men saved the day yet again, up top boys, I can see why this is a seinen (why is it a seinen lol), its all about boys being dudes, kicking ass, saving women and marrying someone half your age.

Really not the best moral at the end of the day when your really think about it haha

Whaaaaat but she's only 15 thooooo 😧😧😧 he, being a former king, would be at least 35 😧😧😧

AAAAAAAHHHHH I WANNA GET MARRIED TO A MAN LIKE THAT AS WELL HNGHHHHH HE'S TOTALLY MY TYPE HHHH also that gloom spirit that looks like a prince/king reminds of the a Shugo Chara, actually the spirits are kinda like shugo charas lol

There is a huge age gape, but it's to protect her, so it's noble of him to propose, and I am glad she accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread