Hariko no Otome - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyr247 No.
According to the novel, the former king did not have political power. He can protect her because his only status: former king. He's the best, highest, safest, bet she could have. And the current king already has someone he loves so very likely reluctant to took her as royal concubine. The other choice is to become the head of her clan, which currently can't coz shitty father. She will given position from the king later as the head clan and so far her status as former king's fiance protect her. When she become the head clan, she still not marry to the former king btw.

I totally agree that she accepted too fast, but if we consider the relationship between her employer and the former king, she seems put her trust on her employer (thus trust the former king).

And... the former king did older than her but he step down from throne very early so he's probably not that old? He has bad experience with his former wives so probably not looking for romance (at first). Damn guys, think like this current fictitious novel. It's (personal) "political interest" (for her to be safe from real politic) at first not sexual. Tho yeah, chance they develop romance hahah. Remember this also set in pseudo-feudal European sword and magic. Fifteen most likely an adult (plus her mental age).

I'm so happy it's heading in that direction!!!!! I can't wait for everything to unfold. I really hope he does actually turn out to be a nice guy.

I was shocked too but calming myself down with the thought of this being some kind of contract marriage so prob no real relationship involved. The former king prob not looking that old if he shaved off that beard cough

Hopefully they stayed as fiancee until ewey finds a way to protect herself (or until she finds someone she loves) then they can broke the engagement?

Dex-chan lover
I just picked it up but... like... Isn't this power abuse? As far as I'm aware.... She never received a proper education... or have peers to confide in... This is fucked up on all sorts of levels... Of her accepting his marriage proposal so easily like that to a man that is like 10x her father?

EDIT: @Aldis Thank you. Wasn't going to drop it but that spoiler reassured me.

Well she technically has lived over 30 years from when she died and now...? RIP.

Dex-chan lover
@magnetsmangadex
Even in classical society, kings could step down of their own volition, though most didn't.

@Aldis
It's not exactly uncommon either, mary, the mother of jesus, was married to joseph specifically because her parents died and a marriage to joseph would mean he could protect her, otherwise she'd have ended up in one of many unpleasant situations, this was exceedingly common even a few centuries ago, because a unmarried young woman (sub say, 25) without living family was essentially a target if they were attractive, more evidence that people really don't get just how nice it is to have police and protection laws for women and children these days with modernization.

I love this, didn't expect her to marry the king but.... The translation is too slow to clearly remember the plot 😭

Double-page supporter
I was fine with the idea of him protecting her, until he PICKED HER UP LIKE THAT. 911, FBI, AMBULANCE, SOMEONE, please!

Thanks for the chapter. :')

Double-page supporter
I have a feeling that even if she does get married and the contract with the spider is released, he's still gonna be homies with her

Users who are viewing this thread