Hatsukoi Zombie - Vol. 17 Ch. 164 - So Long, Farewell

I can't belive how rude people can be. This chapter was a lot better than the last one you released and I am just glad that there is someone willing to translate hatsukoi zombie for us. Thank you.

Fyi dropouts already has scripts for the rest of the chapters so I wouldn't worry about them taking too long to finish up.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE GROUPS COMING IN TO SNIPE THE LAST CHAPTERS

Fed-Kun's army
RIP Ebino. You were the best girl and clearly the correct choice, but unfortunately a demon from hell got in your way.

F

ok where the fuck are the doujins in which tarou picks ebino

someone better notify me if someone ever makes one

Dex-chan lover
The quality of this is significantly higher than the last one, but sniping isn’t cool even if you do a good job of it. Find a different series rather than stepping on toes.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀This was worse than ch 163 I expect wingdings for the next chapter 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Dex-chan lover
Man, there is A LOT of Vitriol, Ungrateful and Entitled in these comments. You don't have to read a free version of a (normally paid for) manga from a group that you've never heard of at all. If you're that OCD about having the eye mark the release as read, just click on the link, don't read it and then go back to your follows. When Dropout gets around to releasing the version that you prefer you can just read that.

I understand the whole thing about sniping but when a group releases the final chapter WAY before they release the chapters in between (and with a series as ... potentially rage inducing as this) it would be fair to assume that they are done and NOT going back to finish up the intermediate chapters. Just ... quit throwing vitriol at the person(s) for actually doing something rather than being an armchair scanlator.

Group Leader
@Dipuc4Life to be fair, it was a third, unrelated group that uploaded the final chapter. Dropout hadn't formally dropped it and probably planned to translate the intermediate chapters. That said, the fact that they announced elsewhere that there were going to be delays because of issues with having a translator for the series, after the other group had uploaded the final chapter, was what led me to decide to pick it up.

Group Leader
hey thanks for coming in and releasing the chapter!
but why don't try to work with dropout and help ecah one to continue the series? it also would help to come faster , right?

Dex-chan lover
Damn F for Ebino. I was hoping there would be a better wrap up for her love but that being said, it's better than open ended or worse, letting the weird brother have her.

Dex-chan lover
@Dipuc4Lifeβ€”

[ol]The final chapter was not released by #dropout; it was released by a scanalator previously known for sniping with chapter skips to spoil series. Because the Follows pages do not warn about chapter skips, readers find themselves in a spoiler chapter without warning.
A proposal was made to add such warnings to the Follows pages. The one user to raise an objection (based upon the spurious claim that those using their Follows pages had failed to read) was from the HetZek group.
After that objection was posted, the HetZek group posted its first snipe to this series. That snipe had clear translation errors and was typeset hideously.
After that upload and before HetZek posted its next upload, #dropout continued, demonstrating that they had not abandoned the series (despite the sniping).
The HetZek group has posted trolling comments after its snipes.[/ol] You're absolutely right that one can skip over the snipes by HetZek. I've done that for this chapter. (I just went straight to the comments.) That doesn't change the fact that their efforts have plainly been in bad faith. People have a right to be disgusted that one or two groups are looking to be as abusive as they can while staying within the formal rules of the site.

Group Leader
@Oeconomist

Golly gee this boi assuming an awful lot of shit

"The one user to raise an objection (based upon the spurious claim that those using their Follows pages had failed to read) was from the HetZek group."
Lone doesn't speak or read a lick of Japanese, so it's not like he's above chapter sniping or early spoiling. Also, his opinion (which is a funny one tbh, and likely tongue-in-cheek to incite others) doesn't represent the rest of our group's opinions, and neither I nor ascript, the latter of which was the one to undertake these two chapters off of his own accord and not by the evil HetZek's command, were aware that his comment making fun of people who were angry that got spoiled existed. So the fact that we posted our first snipe to the series after he'd said that is irrelevant; you're yelling at the CEO of McDonald's because you saw a janitor piss on someone's fries.

As for our first snipe having clear translation errors, I haven't looked over it myself, so I wouldn't know if the errors were either plentiful or egregious, but I do know that the credit page clearly states that this may be the case. Now, I won't blame you for not having seen that, considering that it's the last page of the chapter. That, doubled with your decision to skip this chapter as it is done by my group, a choice that I respect, leads me to assume that you probably didn't give ascript's first chapter much of your time.

As for the "hideous typeset," yeah, you're right, it was awful. However, he took constructive criticism and his second release, the very chapter we are commenting on, saw leaps and bounds in improvements. Improvement is more than what I can ask for, and I think most people who had to deal with the infamous blue bubbles in GTO can agree that improvement is good.

As for the part being "in bad faith"...Well, the morals of scanlation groups have always been up for debate. For example, we have this series, Hatsukoi Zombie, which had been finished in Japan, took three, then nine, then sixteen days until dropout released chapters 161, 162, and 163, respectively. Of course, it's not as if I don't understand - life happens, translators/typesetters/whatevers can get busy. I get it. I'm way behind schedule on one of the series I picked up as well, much to my chagrin, as I've called myself a speedscanner. However, considering that 1. Scanlating is, ultimately, a fan effort, and that 2. People can choose to not read chapters done by such "abusive" groups, such as you yourself have chosen, I believe that nothing we are doing is "in bad faith," as you say.

So yeah, in the end, I don't see why we're being looked at as if we're trying to abuse site rules (?), or deceive readers into stealing views (those precious, precious views) from a more renowned group, or simply even acting in bad faith. I mean yeah, I play up the whole memelord and antagonistic thing as drama and entertainment for the readers, but at the end of the day I'm still just a manga enthusiast that does this - and lots of coke - as a hobby. In Juliet, I saw that very spoiler-heavy chapters were posted, and that the original group that was doing the series was a month or so behind schedule. I could empathize with the readers gated behind the chapter gap while the spoiler was taunting them all the while, so I took it upon myself to typeset the Juliet chapters. An extremely similar situation has happened here, so I can only assume that ascript felt the same as I did, especially seeing as how dropout themselves stated in a release of theirs that they needed a translator for this series, lest it never be done.

The point of this post isn't to say that you're wrong, or that we're better, or anything. I'm just explaining my (our) side of the view, as you have stated yours. Feel free to not read any chapters released by our group; you have the freedom to do so. If you have any rebuttals, complaints, or loose ends that you feel like needs to be tied up, send me a DM or a reply. I'm all ears.

TL;DR: im right ur wrong lmao eat my ween

Dex-chan lover
@HetZekβ€”

No, there's not much assumption there. There's just facts laid-out in a list, and then the most straight-forward interpretation of what you're doing β€” that you're a group acting within the rules but in bad faith.

So I'll hope that @rhino36 and the others in #dropout just bear in mind that the mess that you're making is mostly just temporary so long as #dropout completes its project, and that everyone else understands that you're trying to make other people feel miserable because that gives you a sense of personal efficacy that you cannot get in a more constructive way.

Group Leader
What exactly is in bad faith in our actions then, pray tell? You seem to be speaking for an awful lot of people when you say "everyone else".

Dex-chan lover
@HetZekβ€”

No, I wasn't speaking for anyone else; I was expressing a hope about everyone else. Your attempt to confuse one with the other is just bad faith argumentation.

As to the rest, I already laid-out the case. It's simple and damning; you want now to throw-up lots of verbal chaff to obliterate that simplicity.

Users who are viewing this thread