Hazure Skill: The Guild Member with a Worthless Skill Is Actually a Legendary Assassin - Ch. 39 - An Old Friend (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
sometime later;
King: what is on today's agenda?
Minister: Milord, half the nobles are dead or wish they were.
I mean, if word of this reaches the king he would order their executions himself. Stealing a reward given by the crown, yeah that won't fly. He will fully back the MC here.

Dex-chan lover
Letters are one thing, but teleportation exist, and she not getting scouted by anybody vetted by Loran or the Hero is also weird...

Who doesn't want access to a powerful, naïve kid with OP magic? they surely expect corrupt nobles to try and manipulate her....

Hence why I feel they not checking up on her weird...
Notice the surprise others had that she was part of the hero party, and that the announcer and none of the audience seemed to know, I am willing to bet info on her was concealed quite heavily by the king exactly because she is a child. So no one knows were or who she is to scout her. It seems like they were trying to let her have a normal life. Notice that the payment wasn't jut given directly to her, but put through the local lord. If a child suddenly had gold to give to the orphanage it would draw attention. So he handed it down the chain as a support orphanages order, making it look unrelated to a hero and just a normal thing. The local lord probably found out about her by chance when the kids talked about it in front of his men as of course they would talk about it. So a hands off to not draw attention to her approach backfired as someone bad found out.

Dex-chan lover
The last page reminded me of that Russian painting, "Ivan killing his son" I believe was the title?

Dex-chan lover
Notice the surprise others had that she was part of the hero party, and that the announcer and none of the audience seemed to know, I am willing to bet info on her was concealed quite heavily by the king exactly because she is a child. So no one knows were or who she is to scout her. It seems like they were trying to let her have a normal life. Notice that the payment wasn't jut given directly to her, but put through the local lord. If a child suddenly had gold to give to the orphanage it would draw attention. So he handed it down the chain as a support orphanages order, making it look unrelated to a hero and just a normal thing. The local lord probably found out about her by chance when the kids talked about it in front of his men as of course they would talk about it. So a hands off to not draw attention to her approach backfired as someone bad found out.

That all seems like an acceptable reasoning for the king/noble angle.... still doesn't explain none of the former party members not checking up on her... not even once? Really? A kid that travelled with you and all? or even the King not sending the princess/hero to check that the orphanage did receive Nina's cut of the reward... the situation is weird to me honestly...

Just do a quick teleport like how they just did several time in this chapter....

Group Leader
Letters are one thing, but teleportation exist, and she not getting scouted by anybody vetted by Loran or the Hero is also weird...

Who doesn't want access to a powerful, naïve kid with OP magic? they surely expect corrupt nobles to try and manipulate her....

Hence why I feel they not checking up on her weird...
Definitely weird but I could see the king and the party thinking it was best to send her home so she could live her life in peace and grow up as a regular kid. A few forged letters from the noble could keep them at bay for a while. Something like: this is the orphanage director. She’s doing fine. We used the money for x and everyone’s super happy right now

also, while teleportation Does exist, it certainly doesn’t seem very common. I might be wrong but I think we’ve only seen mc and his demon people actually use it

Dex-chan lover
What happened is kinda simple:
Rina asked for funds for the orphanage, most likely on monthly basis.
King ordered the royal treasury to allocate the money.
Royal treasurer, or his aide, send the money to the local lord, who is supposed to be the sponsor of the orphanage, with the decree what these money are to be used for.
The local lord ignored the decree and kept the money for himself.
Royal treasurer, or his aide, send the money to the local lord, who is supposed to be the sponsor of the orphanage, with the decree what these money are to be used for.

This. This is the part that makes no sense. You're delivering a reward to someone to deliver a reward to someone, it's an unnecessary 3rd party. If Rina is too young to take it directly, you give it to her guardian. Her guardian is the orphanage director, the one who oversees the orphanage. The money should go directly to him, not the local lord.

Next is Rina even asking for funds for the orphanage in the first place. The local lord is supposed to be the sponsor of the orphanage which means he is suppose to be giving funds to the orphanage so why would Rina ask for monthly support? This thought never crossed the king's mind.

Missing the point here. The king cannot micromanage everything. He may have sent a messenger as you said but unless that messenger is someone of a standing that can be compared to a royal, the lord of the land can intercept it and the messenger cannot do anything about it and the king would only get a notice that the money was given to the lord of the land and king wouldn't bat an eye about it because as I said, he cannot micromanage everything.
I agree with micromanaging but you don't send a messenger to deliver funding especially from the royal treasury even more so if it's the reward for saving one's country. Since this is a matter of honor, someone with authority such as a royal knight or guard (most likely one with noble background) would either be the one delivering or accompanying the one delivering. A lord of the land can certainly intercept it but they will be met with someone of higher authority. Remember, a guardsman or knight working under the decree of the king has the power to admonish, arrest or even slay a noble. A noble trying to intercept funding from the king meant for someone else will be met with resistance....unless it's a newbie who knows no better.

And besides, the kid told the king to give her rewards to the orphanage so he in turn, just gives the money to the lord that where the orphanage is just like how our IRL Government Financing works.
IRL Government Financing most certainly don't work like this. I'm not sure where you're from so I have to base this off where I'm from but:
King = President
Local Lord = State Mayor
Rina = Citizen who's a minor
Orphanage Director = Rina's legal guardian.
With this in mind, lets say Rina solved some problem that saved the country from a fallout. She meets with the president and is promised a reward. They can't give the reward for her directly so they arrange for her to receive it monthly. What the government will NOT do is send it to her State Mayor and entrust him give it to her. They are going to have it sent to her legal guardian.

Basically, this is nonsensical plot point that really shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That all seems like an acceptable reasoning for the king/noble angle.... still doesn't explain none of the former party members not checking up on her... not even once? Really? A kid that travelled with you and all? or even the King not sending the princess/hero to check that the orphanage did receive Nina's cut of the reward... the situation is weird to me honestly...

Just do a quick teleport like how they just did several time in this chapter....
If the hero or anyone as high profile as that went and checked it would undermine the entire don't draw attention to her plan. So he has to rely on reports from more normal sources, which got falsified. As for letters and the like, I would assume some contact is kept, but she was probably forced to lie in them, if she even is the one sending them, she is only 8 and in a orphanage, it wouldn't be odd if she can't read or write. All in all he probably is checking on her, but the ones he uses to do so are the ones that causing the problem.
Also remember that teleport is not as accessible as op mc and crew make it seem, the one who is able to use it is a demon and a high ranking one, the humans don't really have any access to it.

Double-page supporter
I agree with micromanaging but you don't send a messenger to deliver funding especially from the royal treasury even more so if it's the reward for saving one's country. Since this is a matter of honor, someone with authority such as a royal knight or guard (most likely one with noble background) would either be the one delivering or accompanying the one delivering. A lord of the land can certainly intercept it but they will be met with someone of higher authority. Remember, a guardsman or knight working under the decree of the king has the power to admonish, arrest or even slay a noble. A noble trying to intercept funding from the king meant for someone else will be met with resistance....unless it's a newbie who knows no better.
Maybe. That or it is just an oversight on the author.
We could also throw in that the lord offered to deliver it himself since it is his territory.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe. That or it is just an oversight on the author.
We could also throw in that the lord offered to deliver it himself since it is his territory.
Ah, didn't think of that. That's probably closest to the truth, unless the author just fumbled.

Dex-chan lover

This. This is the part that makes no sense. You're delivering a reward to someone to deliver a reward to someone, it's an unnecessary 3rd party. If Rina is too young to take it directly, you give it to her guardian. Her guardian is the orphanage director, the one who oversees the orphanage. The money should go directly to him, not the local lord.
After some thinking... I think the whole affair went differently. No money was actually send, because it would be too much hassle. Instead, the local lord was ordered to allocate a portion of revenue earmarked for the crown to support the orphanage.

In your other example:
It's not president's office which handles the matter, but the mayor's.

Next is Rina even asking for funds for the orphanage in the first place. The local lord is supposed to be the sponsor of the orphanage which means he is suppose to be giving funds to the orphanage so why would Rina ask for monthly support? This thought never crossed the king's mind.
That was explained in the chapter. Nobles run the orphanges as a charity projects. They send them money because they want, not because they have to and the local lord where the Rina's orphanage is doesn't want to pay to orphanage. The king cannot force people to be generous if they don't want to.

Definitely weird but I could see the king and the party thinking it was best to send her home so she could live her life in peace and grow up as a regular kid. A few forged letters from the noble could keep them at bay for a while. Something like: this is the orphanage director. She’s doing fine. We used the money for x and everyone’s super happy right now

also, while teleportation Does exist, it certainly doesn’t seem very common. I might be wrong but I think we’ve only seen mc and his demon people actually use it
i think is because humans magicians don't invest time in advancing the magic,like that chapter when mc showed that guy the flame spell a better version and faster to activate,i think because of traditions and when traditions is involved that makes it difficult to advance,much better to be flexbile in thinking,well this just my thinking . now we wait for the next chapter

Users who are viewing this thread