Heart-Warming Meals with Mother Fenrir - Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
NOT THE TEARS AGAIN
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Half fenrir, half man, half fox. How do you calculate the furry level?

Aggregator gang
Gotta say that for me this series became a loooot worse when they started this fenrir kingdom stuff.

... wait what???

So basically, his white color is from his brother Fenrir and his black color is from his fox blood? This is getting a bit... complicated

Supporter
"...also one of your great great grandfathers was a dragon, another one was an angel that had fallen in love with a half-demon who was the maou's daughter."

Dex-chan lover
This kid collecting powers(and moms) like they are pokemon lol. Wonder if he'll get a fox mom out of it too.

CBC

Aggregator gang
Okay, so I'm willing to believe that there is some kind of plan behind all this, I mean for one thing, wolves in Shinto are tied to the Kami as one of the animals used as messengers of Amaterasu (the others being crows) so the whole purification thing, I get. Foxes are a little more worldly, aside from their association with Inari Okami, and I think that's where I'm a little confused regarding how he can see the dead, unless if it was inspired by the clairvoyance that Abe no Seimei (who himself was the son of a divine kyuubi no kitsune) was said to have, to the point he saw through his mother's illusions as a child, seeing the spirits of the dead would be considered an extension of that I suppose. Is it something that's uniquely his or is it a mutation of the bloodline's unique power? Who knows.

I think the big thing is that there has been absolutely no foreshadowing of Rude's biological mother's heritage up until now, the fact that she actually wasn't nobility was just glossed over, a throw-away line, while there has been no hint of any supernatural blood within her. It could just be when when she mentioned fox, it was a reference to a particularly cunning founder of the household...well there's only one way to find out I suppose.

The thing to remember though is that Rude's not a Fenrir, he only has those powers because the spirit of Femruida's son had passed them on to him, so he's just got the heritage of his mother's family naturally. A heritage that somehow allows him to see and interact with the dead, that has now been refined thanks to his training under Ferris.

Edit:
One last thing, I can't be the only reader who has been getting mad Fire Emblem vibes from this whole manga so far, right? Especially with Ferris.

People keep speculating that his ability to see the dead might come from the Fox side of things, but I think it is the Shinigami heritage on his (brother's) father's side that has yet to be revealed that let's him see and interact with the dead.

@CBC Sure there was foreshadowing about his mother's heritage. It has been clear for a while that she is one foxy lady. (I'll show myself out, now.)

Users who are viewing this thread