Heavenly Demon Reborn!

Dex-chan lover
OOF i tried to go see the new chapter on the website (ive never visited them before) and look what i got
8ce55b811ae45f269ed7f310e7b9fae2.png

I don't want to be a jerk, but holding back a chapter for 2 days doesn't beat the "Made by fans for fans" vibe that was the core of fans translating for other fans? That seems greedy. I understand the need for money in the world, since we all need to eat and so on but... I dunno, maybe I read too much into that.

Dex-chan lover
I fear the delay here will increase more and more. Now we are at 2 days, Returners Magic which they took over, is already at 7 days, for no good reason. Even Jaiminis Box didn't do shit like this when they took over projects.
And by looking at the screenshot posted below, i for sure won't visit their homepage.
It is great they translate this stuff but their way of handling uploads on Mangadex is disgusting

@MarceloYuri
@Kalec You gotta be kidding me. How shameless. Even more so when we had to wait more than 2 months for a new chapter. And the group is a Spanish speaking scanlation, this isn't even their field and you should be grateful. They have the right to make you wait all they want. If you don't like it, just visit their website or drop it and wait for someone else to pick it up.
Just make sure you don't grow up into one of those r/entitledparents.

@ZombiesAreNotOkay
Shameless? You mean like wanting to get money from work that you didn't create while having malicious scripts on a web page?
I am grateful for a lot of stuff. But, they don't have the right to make people wait, they have privilege. Also, I am from Brazil, a portuguese speaking country. Lot of people speak more than one language... And english is simple AF. You should pay attention to how you are going, read again my comment, I tried to be as nice as I could even if I complaining against a practice... You know... I am not gonna argue over this. If you thought we were shameless because we raised doubt against a group that is holding back chapters in their virus ridden website, I don't think I could get through you with reasoning. But, hear this, maybe you are the entitled one getting all jumpy and aggressive for this.

@MarceloYuri
But, they don't have the right to make people wait, they have privilege.
That's the only thing about the main topic.

The rest is just you trying to find excuses to justify your first comment. So YEAH, you didn't miss the point. You simply tried to avoid it.
Is it really so bad to wait? If you don't want to visit their web, just wait. ffs it's not so hard. What are you even trying to achieve by complaining about the delay? Do you want to force them to break their own rules when they are basically doing us a favor? The nerve of some people.

This is perfect for
r/choosingbeggars
r/entitledpeople

Group Leader
Damn you're a retard @MarceloYuri
They're not even required to upload here, you're lucky there's even a delay. Hope you realize that and don't lie about their website and imply they have cryptominers and such because you're lazy.
Grow up and get some common sense.

@MarceloYuri
Look at all these malicious scripts.
TCsrxDG.png

AND OH MY GOD! MADARA!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHH
rqgFwhS.png

Yeah, no.

First of all @banjomarx McCafee is shit. If you're going to burn money on an anti-virus program in 2019 at least use Bitdefender or something half decent.

Second of all, the domain likely got flagged for sharing a host server with another site that actually did something malicious. You see crappy AVs don't realize virtual machines exist. And most people are actually sharing a portion of a server's resources with other people. So it's possible for one person on that box, to get everyone on that box flagged. Regardless of the fact that they have nothing to do with it.

The One
Staff
Admin
could be some false positive from an older ad?
mcafee is the only one that gives the warning as far as i know

Appreciate the translations from Leviatanscans but maybe they should just stop for at least a little while as a giant middle finger to some of the people in the comments.

@MarceloYuri

I'm going to be real and non-aggressive with you for a moment, okay.

1) Javascript is sandboxed. As far as malicious infectious scripts go, that's pretty much the main route if you don't enable say Adobe Flash. The likelihood of an attack vector through there is fairly limited. Now if you're on Internet Explorer or anything with an ActiveX like engine, all bets are off if you give a site permission to run that. My opinion is: Don't give a site those kinds of permissions.

1.1) All bets are also off if a site asks you to install a plugin for your browser, and you install it.

2) The issue stated by McCafee is a "phishing" claim. Phishing has very little to do with "malicious script" running, and everything to do with a service or domain pretending to be another service or domain. That is not happening here, and I highly doubt that would be happening through google's adsense program. And the first line of defense against that, would be not entering your credentials into any website that isn't the actual website. Pay attention to URLs. The second line of defense would be making sure you're not using untrusted networks/wifi that could be used for a potential man-in-the-middle attack.

The website, from everything I can see, is benign. And it is highly likely that McCafee, which is an over zealous poorly researched service that doesn't give a crap about its users and never has, is presenting a false positive.

McCafee is crapware at best, a virus at worst.

@TheOneWhoSighs
Sorry, bro, but after this I am not answering anything else.
I did start as real and non-aggressive as I could while complaining about what could be compared to a "hostage situation" with the 2 days delay. I am in favor for delay, I started going to Leaf's blog to read his releases there and I have him out of my adBlock, same with MangaDex. It is a thing of faith and good will. For fans by fans. Shit, I am actually more pissed at the childish reactions I got here than at the delay itself. The response I got for basically saying "hey, maybe two days is too much if your site is triggering malware, phishing and/or ill scripts." was "hOw DaRe yOu CoMpLaIn aBoUt ThE OvErLoRdS oF TrAnSlAtIoN." Yeah, so mature of the above person.
I don't give permissions to any site the first time I visit. But the deal is that stuff started triggering my programs(Avast, Chrome's self defense mechanism, Windows Defender and some hand made stuff I have, I go to dark places some times). And I refuse to run a virtual machine just to read manga. I know that it might not be the group's fault, but it IS in their site, and I guess the point of wanting visits is that they want money from ads and there would be no point in visiting them just to blacklist the site.
I am just waiting for someone to pop here next and say "Hey, be glad it is 2 days and pray we don't make it a week."

@MarceloYuri

I don't give permissions to any site the first time I visit. But the deal is that stuff started triggering my programs(Avast, Chrome's self defense mechanism, Windows Defender and some hand made stuff I have, I go to dark places some times).

This is called "talking out of your ass". You may have convinced me that Avast, which is also crapware in 2019, triggered something.
But Windows Defender and Chrome's "self defense mechanism".

Why say bullshit that's disproven in 3 seconds? https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=https:%2F%2Fleviatanscans.com&hl=en

Google maintains their own list of malicious websites. Also I went to it on windows with chrome, without any of my script blocking apps, and windows defender didn't complain at all.

If you're going to lie, make a more convincing lie.

@MarceloYuri

You can’t have avast and windows defender both on at the same time, it’s literally impossible. Windows defender turns off when you install it.

Users who are viewing this thread