Heaven's Son in the Land of the Rising Sun

Joined
Jan 31, 2018
Messages
51
Oh no, I loved it but it hasn't been translated in over 2 years. I hope someone picks it up.
 
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
10
A masterpiece. I truly hope that the translation will be resumed at some point... I am also greatly interested in the manga "Arabesque" from the same author, hope someone picks it up :)
 

a12

Power Uploader
Joined
Aug 21, 2020
Messages
85
Did not expect this one to be part of the DMCA takedown wow O.O
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Messages
60
lol this is the manga that motivated me to study Japanese, just so I could keep reading.
Kind of same. After about 2 years I came back to it and finished it in japanese, dictionary in hand. I wish it to be translated, so I can refer other people to it. But it seems no official translation was ever released.

The person translating it had some great taste and was working on various things, but suddenly stopped all activities. That was about a decade ago.

This is probably the greatest work of shojo manga, it synthetizes the femenine arsenal of sentimentality developed by the genre, and follows the flow of fine japanese tradition and trope delightfully. A sober gulp, which would definitely entice even the male demographic, as it is a secret influence to the masterpiece of shonen. By the way, it recently received a theatrical adaptation, in the traditional japanese way, which is terribly fitting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top