Helck

Group Leader
A small reminder for those retards bitching and ranting against Piwi
that, considering their talent (or lack of), sooner or later they may be the ones providing some food for the worms šŸ˜

To quote and paraphrase an obscure but talented rapper,
"I was gonna kill a couple rappers, but they did it to themselves
I was gon' do it with the flow, but they did it with their sales
I was gon' 9/11 'em, but they didn't need the help
And they did a good job, them boys is talented as hell
'Cause not only did they brick, they put a building up as well
They ran a plane into that building and when that building fell
Ran to the crash site with no masks and inhaled
Toxins deep inside their lungs until both of them was filled
Blew a cloud out like a L into a jar, then took a smell
'Cause they heard that second hand smoke kills
Niggas thought they was ill, found out they was ILL
And it's like you knew exactly how I wanted you to feel"

I loved this more than I thought I would. At first, I thought this was going to be a silly gag manga but damn it's much more than that. After getting to the end, I was happy for the conclusion but saddened knowing it was ending. I would love to see a sequel series cause it seems like there is still much more to explore.

Fed-Kun's army
I keep weirdly getting reminded of Berserk while reading this. Iā€™m trying to figure out just WHY, though.

It might be because both look at what it means to be a hero and a villain, and that often those labels are assigned not through the intentions of the individual but rather through whoever is in authority. People opposing authority are labeled as villains and those that reinforce authority are heroes.

Piwi reminds me of the fairy from Berserk, in that both are comedic and help lighten up the tone.

Fed-Kun's army
You'll probably figure it out in the other comments, but just to make sure:

This series takes great pleasure in building you up and then kicking you straight between the balls/ovaries when you're not looking. The tone is similar to other grim-/noble-dark series/settings like Berserk and Warhammer Fantasy, but it incorporates just enough bright to get your hopes up before it hits you again. If you're not willing to watch good people suffer and the bad guys win (consistently, though not completely), pick something else.

9/10.

Group Leader
I remembered when I first read it - and Iā€™m still amazed how it did a 180, from a gag manga to such a plot-driven one. There are plot holes here and there, but everything else is just delightful. 9/10 for sure. The authorā€™s other works are worth checking out as well

The early chapters were silly, but this story quickly revealed itself as something outstandingā€”challenging & hopeful.

A manga that SHOULD BE bad, with every single things that were put into this manga. All it took would be just a little flaw in execution and this manga will fall apart and explode with a giant mushroom cloud. Holy fricken canary unicorn, the author actually create one of the best manga I've ever read - and I've read manga since 1995.

The I should be laughing but now I'm crying type of manga, its really one of the best I've read in a long time, truly a hidden gem.
I'm so glad its getting a sequel!

Fed-Kun's army
If you're not a fan of mangas were the villains win constantly, (and it's not satisfying) and the author is trying to keep it non-mature so they'll earn some more cash, this manga isn't for you.

After re-reading the ending
I must say the author only made the mistake of extending the climax for too long. She needed to connect the defeat of the new worlders with explaining whats the deal with them, but couldn't do it efficiently and it ended up becoming bloated, the hyperspace fight being a good example. If you manage to look past that it is still a good ending, just took too long to get there (common issue in manga).

Overall when it comes to manga it's one of the best if look past a few of the writing mistakes the author did.

This is definitely the kind of manga that you reread. Starts off funny and lighthearted, introduces characters you fall in love with, and then the feels begin, while somehow maintaining the elements of the beginning that kept you reading in the first place. The writing is excellent and well paced. The emotions are real. I cried when I reached the end. God, I love this manga.

Aggregator gang
It's a masterpiece, I heard about Helck but I never got around to reading it until now. This needs to get an English publication asap.

Basically this starts like One Punch Man then develops into Berserker. If you liked those two then you will enjoy Helck a lot as well.

Also don't misunderstood after reading description. It is just one of many Demon Kings who was killed and he is below Four Heavenly Kings in hierarchy and power.

Dex-chan lover
Question! Are there actually a bunch of missing chapters? Or is it just that the chapters are broken up into .1 segments? Much appreciate an answer if anyone knows.

Users who are viewing this thread