Helck

Dex-chan lover
Why doesn't this have the tragedy tag? Besides the jokes between serious scenes this is among the darkest stories I have read, with a world so bleak that if it wasn't for the lighthearted jokes in the story, it would be soul-crushingly depressing.

Honestly, I was surprised at good this was. Usually, when people go on and on about how good something is I get my expectations way too high and end up not liking the series due to how hyped up they made it. It had great characters, comedy, themes, and ending. But I do feel like some parts weren't build up properly enough and that there were a bit too many "twists" and reversals. Either way, it was a solid 9/10 for me.

Uploading some missing omake.

10.5 and 42.5 were both in the BakaBT Helck collection but don't seem to be on Kirei Cake's site. Probably while they were missed here.

The new Christmas art page was posted in Kirei's eReader site but not on their main Helck page. They didn't include a credits page - I didn't remove it.

@Kaldrak

You're correct, the "missing" flag is due to MangaDex not acknowledging a chapter when it's split up using 1.1 and 1.2, etc. There are no missing chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@HiddenLibrary Helck is a bit of a mess due to all the chapter numbers being parts of parts and also occasionally switching around for proper reading order; the only time it was 100% accurate was on Batoto, but that shut down so there only other source for proper chapter numbering is on our site.

The CORE chapters however should be accurate. It's just the omakes and extras that are a bit messy

Dex-chan lover
helck really masterfully tricks you into falling in love i think. it presents itself as nothing special and ramps up slowly into something beautiful. there are things id change about the ending but id recommend it to anyone

@zStella

Yeah, I can't guarantee all the extras are in the right order without the actual raw volumes to reference, but I'm 95% confident there's nothing missing that's been scanlated. I cross-referenced the Helck collections on both BakaBT and Madokami and the only missing chapters I could find were the two omake I just uploaded. It should be complete now.

Dex-chan lover
@HiddenLibrary For the most part, our own reader should be accurate for basically all of the omakes/extras. Most of them were digital only and not released in the volumes, so you'd have to refer there

In any case, the omakes/extras are just bonus material; they CAN be read out of context fine. There's no need to worry about the order too much. Having a complete collection is more important

Double-page supporter
Incredible.
Simply amazing.
I came in bored, stayed for the chill vibes, hooked by the sincerity, captivated by the mystery, traumatised but enthralled by the tragedy, deeply moved by every character, and loved every moment. 10/10 masterpiece ❤️♥️

What a journey! You think you know how the manga is gonna be after the first couple of chapters but then the manga does a 180 on you!
Fantastic story!

SGR

Double-page supporter
It is unfortunate but it goes all Naruto towards the end (latter 1/4th) and then fizzles out without any meaningful consequence (so yeah - pretty much Naruto all the way). It is mind-blowingly awesome if you consider it started essentially as a comedy skit. However at the halfway point it was good enough to expect more from the ending than what we got. Better than most fantasy series. Better than any isekai. But still fumbled at the last stretch and is overpraised by the ranking number - it should be ~8.2-8.5.

Though getting something that is 8+ on MD is already a good find - so don't mind me and just stick to it - you won't be nearly as disappointed as you would normally expect.

Dex-chan lover
If I could rate this 1000000/10 I would, it's just that good.

Group Leader
A very promising piece that, as others have noted as well, "fizzles out" towards the end in a bit of a disappointing manner - however, it's the journey with manga, not the destination (although the destination weighs in), so I would still recommend you give Helck a read because of its charming characters and story that make the journey enjoyable.

8/10

The only reason that this is a 'gag' manga is because it is making fun of us for thinking it is gonna be a comedy adventure manga, little did we know this shit is sad as fuck

Fed-Kun's army
I agree with everyone that the manga was great until the final stretch, it was like

How many plot twists do you want?

Author: All of them!

At a certain point, I just didn't see how all these revelations, surprises, and plot twists advanced the story in a meaningful way or led to any serious character development.

It just looked like a bunch of antics to keep the tension needlessly high.

Still it's a pretty good manga I'd rate the first half and part of the second half around a nine. While the last stretch has a 5 from me. Overall 7-8, definitely worth a read.

Users who are viewing this thread