Hell Mode: Yarikomi Suki no Gamer wa Hai Settei no Isekai de Musou Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
There is no dumb drama tag here so there is a big chance there won’t be stupid revenge and drama shit and his family should be safe uff.

Fed-Kun's army
The taxes in medieval times are way more complicated then some here seem to think, there was no "xx% to the lord and done", there were taxes to the lord, most likely rent for the land, since it was the lords land, taxes to the church, unpaid work on church lands, special taxes in special situation etc... it always depends on the situation around, even in the same Kingdom it could vary extremly from region to region how much a peasent had to pay (especially since it wasn even necessarily a percentage, but could just be a certain amount)

@exxeld
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hellmode-gamer-who-likes-to-speedrun-becomes-peerless-in-a-parallel-world-with-obsolete-setting/
Though, not much more translated there it seems :D

Dex-chan lover
@pokperson1000 I thought the same so reread. There was about month time skip in that same page. He even said "its been a month since dads injury". And 100 points from the bird every 3 days plus whatever exp he earns could get him to level 5. Either that or they messed up the translation.

@icekatze taxes did vary hugely from place to place, and could have been increased due to some circumstances, at least that how it worked in medieval Europe. All in all, almost everywhere taxes summed up to much more than 10% of gains, as this tenth traditionally was a church tithe, then there were many other taxes.

@Xenopsyche
No, for that part, I think he probably leveled up to level 2 over the course of the month. 1 bird every 3 days with each bird giving 100 exp. It evene said so on the notification. He reached 1000/1000 exp and was raised to level 2. Which means he killed 10 birds. The math adds up. Just don't know where the level 5 came from. Best I can guess is a timeskip immediately after the level up (which would be horrible pacing to not have him even react to the level up and only react after reaching level 5), or a typo (whether it be the fault of the original artist or the translator).

Dex-chan lover
Has a cute childhood friend.
Not bullied at school.
Village not attacked by goblins.
Father not dead.
Mom not raped.
House not burned down.
Family not starving to death.
Community not constantly beset by beasts or demons.
Has OP skills.

How the heck is this hell mode, author?

uhm why the fucc its level 5?
the skill board display level 5 while he said he leveled up to 2......
also u rly shite mate?

@TheFollower Exactly what i was going to say, the initial translation can get you really confused, but serfs are just above slaves so would really make more sense

Dex-chan lover
@pokperson1000 I went back and re-read. I'm pretty sure its just a translation error. You can see his stats when he is at level 1 just before he summons the frog. Then when you add the stats he gains from the level up they equal the total of the stats when it says he is level 5. So that 5 should be a 2.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, so this is the modern japanese definition of Hell mode where it just means you need to grind more and have a 99.99% exp penalty.
I remember when Hell mode used to mean no retries, everyone hits you hard (one shot), and skill, planning, tactics, and memorization is more important than grinding or stats (not to mention leveling up to 4 levels already doubles your stats).
Also, why is "farmer" a social class? Shouldn't it be serf, indentured servant, or something similar instead? A farmer is an occupation, not a social class. Unless its a matter of citizenship, but well.. w/e. I'm thinking too deep into this, since obviously the author didn't put much though into his world building. (I've been spoiled by bookworm too much, and expect every isekai to have its level of world building).

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully the level exp don't follow akin to that story of a chessboard and grains
(try doubling something 48 times)
, or he's pretty much fucked unless everyone else on the higher end is seriously underleveled in that world...

Group Leader
wait so if they aren't commoners yet then they're serfs?

wow but still imagine having to pay to become a commoner...
even if they're serfs that's still...........

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter.

I like how this protagonist has clear goals of his own to achieve, and that he's not just totally wandering around, and being led by other people and their problems.

Also the art style is good.

Users who are viewing this thread