Hell Mode: Yarikomi Suki no Gamer wa Hai Settei no Isekai de Musou Suru

@gabe202 Worry not about time skip here, as long as the manga follow the WN.

If I am not mistaken, the WN already got over 700 chapters written down. It will be forever until the Manga catches up. So I recommend reading the WN. It's pretty detailed. I have only read up to chapter 90-something and the MC is barely in his early teens. (Won't spoil his exact age 😉)

Aggregator gang
This is pretty good

Also hope the mc ends up with the Swordmaster girl

Well.. the MC is a masochist that's for sure.. Who would you want play a game where it takes 100x longer to level anything.

@UncleRad the beauty of Manga and LN is that they are refined works compared to the WN. Meaning if the author and editor chooses they can cut out stuff that isn't really needed or even change the plot and personalities of characters completely.

Hmm this is interesting, i hope it will not be boring in mid chapter like other isekai theme

at first I found it's interesting but after he got Pokemon it's just.....'hell mode my as*'
what's hard to play pokemon anyways? just catching pokemon and farm it for you
I still wonder why Japanese author so obsessed with Pokemon/Dragon Quest and Zelda so much they use so much material from these series

Group Leader
I read through till chapter four before dropping. Hell mode sure doesn't feel difficult when you time skipped all the difficult parts.

and even if needing to take 100x more exp is difficult, that's only because of the time investment required for grinding. If hell mode is just you need to grind more, that's just boring mode, not hell mode. It's why there's so many god damn time skips, because nobody wants to just watch a guy kill the same monster and over again. Shouldn't hell mode be something like "you only have one hp" or some sort of debuff?

And for christ sake how is summoner the hardest class when it requires no further mechanical skill compared to any other class? Like, if being a summoner was truly the hardest class there is why is there no cost to using summons beyond bonus stats that no other class has? Summoners don't require mana nor stamina because when he fought the bird beast, he summoned like, twenty summons at 34 mana and he was not visibly tired. Unless every summon is worth one mana (which is an inconsequential cost), summons cost nothing. No cooldowns, no resources to manage, just you lose bonus stats. Oh and the stats it gives is four times your base stat, because that's how difficult being a summoner is.

Fed-Kun's army
The author tries to set it up as a hardcore game but the story is just too "soft". Whats the points if you have op party members. I feel like cheated by the name and sumary this is just like any other generic isekai. Either the author is not a gamer or this wasn't written for gamers...

Dex-chan lover
I hate how the title promotes itself as "Hell Mode" when MC isn't even living that bad of a life, even for a peasant, because other than being dirty he's basically a country bumkin. And I bet poorer parts of Africa makes MC's living condition look like he's living well off. There's also nothing to suggest this is even remotely a "Hell Mode" in any form or way because there's no struggle at all in the slightest, and because of MC's abilities struggling shouldn't even be possible unless is cranked up to an actual hell mode

There's also the fact that MC somehow has the highest rank job/power, which also happens to be a summoner, which somehow boosts his stats based on his summons instead of the other way, which is also not how summoners should work unless they get protagonist plot armor like this MC. Since he's also a summoner which means he realistically wouldn't even be struggling in anything since his summons can do the work for him and make him stronger just by existing. So basically an easy early game with an inevitable easier end game (pun semi-intended)

So quite literally a click-bait title that pretends it's not just an isekai where MC is OP with really not much struggle and has an OP summoner class/job/power/ability

Honestly, if it weren't for the click-bait title I would be fine with this manga thinking it's just another 'good' OP MC with summoner powers that's an isekai, but I love shit-talking dumb things and the title is a stupid click-bait

After reading until chapter 44... I can proudly say, this series could've ended in 1 or 2 volumes of around 15 chapters with around 40 pages each.

Well, resource allocation mechanics wasn't specifically was never stated (from how I read things), so my further critique is kinda biased. Additionally, he could've summoned all his beasts to the point of having no stones left or at least 1/4 left and let them rampage and call them back. Imagine, using up a lot of resources to summon dragons and straffing millions of demons equalling to maybe trillions of exp. EZ level up and rank up. Using those ants to make smaller ants. Summoning exploding rocks and bombing demons from the sky. It cost's stones to summon, but I don't think it costs to use their skills. Unless he's summoning them, letting them use skills, then calling back... which is very stupid. Again, as I said, this could've ended in a volume or two.

EZ no brainer move. Maybe he could've defeated the demon lord when he reaches 15 years old. He could exploit the kingdoms and other authorities to provide him with stones and he could summon almost infinetely. Plus, other beasts coul multiply or birth smaller monsters.

Also, although more of a personal experience from RPGs, summoner classes are by far one of the easiest classes to use even with 'Hell Mode' activated. And that's what's happening here. True, he started out in a harsh environment but now the series is something similar to Kenja no Mago.

Don't get me wrong, I like the series, giving it a 6 or 7. But the execution is kinda dumb.

Last edited:
Contributor
Kinda impressed how far along the weak-to-strong exponential curve this gets.

This is the only manga where the art looks better than the cover art. Its actually such a nice read idc whether its staying true to its title or not. READ THIS!

The author's sense of numbers is way off. Like he just throws a random number at something without giving it any consideration. Couple chapters ago there were 30 000 enemy troops surrounding a citadel and now there are somehow 300 000 crammed into a citadel. Are they stacked like sardines?

And yeah everything about this is mid af idk why I'm still reading it.

The disbelief is unreal. You're telling me that they would rather spend resources creating dungeons and rewarding those who clear it with cheat items that should've been obviously used for war? That adults would spend their time listening and taking advice of kids seriously in what should be a military-state situation? I get that it's isekai and all but playing academy in a world which is already under attack of demon lord is stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Author just randomly came across the term speedrunner and threw it on the title. Fucking hell

Users who are viewing this thread