Hello, I Am a Witch, and My Crush Wants Me to Make a Love Potion! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

while this would be really cute if they actually knew each other, and knew about their feelings, all i can think about is how they are literally just a customer and an artesian. there is no depth to anything they've done yet and its just a really assertive dude overextending and being kinda creepy. if anyone ever tried to come to my shop every day and manage my habits, no matter how bad they are, after seeing me naked in a lake. holy shit thats scary.

Why was I so late on the manga adaptation?? The novel was cute and this bumps it up more notches! Everytime I read my heart went kyunkyun seeing how cute Rose is ❤

A woman living on her own who can clearly handle it (diet aside) as she has been doing it for a while? 'Tis madness! I, her white knight, shall step in to protect this feeble creature.
I know that it's the norm in anime but good god I hate this trope. It's so condescending.

Dex-chan lover
My opinion of him went down quite a bit when he said women HAVE to be protected in one way or another by men, I feel like he would say the same to any woman anywhere if they didn't have a man nearby.

@Kurbo Remember the details of his upbringing, life, and time period. He has been raised as a noble and a knight meant to be protecting people not to mention his role was to guard the princess of all people. She is a young woman living in the middle of the woods alone with her main source of nutrients being lettuce. Her upbringing makes no sense to him at all with what he knows based on societal norms. Note he also said guardian in general in another line. It would be dangerous for a young girl living alone in the woods in our society let alone medieval times.

@annie3 Ok look sure he is barging into her life but understand that she is heavily malnourished. She can barely handle it the house is breaking apart and messy, she hasn't been handling it she has been bearing it because its normal for her. Truth be told she is not doing that well at all. Her body is weak and skinny due to not eating properly so in his eyes she is the same as a sick person living in a terrible environment. Sure she is used to it, but needs some serious help. Heck she herself said dangerous people have been in her hut and she had to hide in the cellar. That is like a cop hearing a child constantly has to hide in their closet as suspicious people barge into their home and saying "Hmm thats fine he's not hurt or dead he's doing fine he's handling it."

@LegitRikk she wasn’t really lying, more of going around the question since she said that she wanted the new tableware out because of an increase in visitors (she said before that witches see one person every few months at most while this guy keeps coming back regularly)

Dex-chan lover
I like how he just started making himself at home bringing her tarts and reading in her house, when's he moving in 😄

Love this chapter, I like that we get to see things from Sir Knight's pov. Thank you for the translation!

that part got me when he said that women need to be protected but I can't help but admit he's right especially when I think of the future content of the novel 😪
Still Harij is so bold lol

Users who are viewing this thread