Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko - Vol. 15 Ch. 99

Dex-chan lover
Sugita, just accept your harem.
With how dim-witted Ruka is, she probably won't mind at all.

+ They were the big mountain coalition to begin with, would be a shame if they didn't climb it together.

Never seen before the harem to shift to the MC's best friend but this is kinda funny.

Dex-chan lover
@CookieMonster: Well said. I agree with everything--well, minus the part about boobs per se, since I love big ones. For clarity's sake, and despite Risa looking better than Ruka in almost every way (well, until this chapter--Risa seemed to lose the tsurime once she put on her glasses and entered hypermode), I don't think it's hard to be objective about who's the better character--whether in the context of the story's writing or specifically the girls' personalities.

Aside from what you said (and related to one part of it), there's one action of Ruka's that seems to be overlooked by her supporters, here, that tells quite a bit: her fixation on his "big mountain" came to a head in her conversation with Senko in this chapter, referring to Sugita as such while in the grip of her emotion but not once using his name. Compare this with Risa, who consistently used his first name from a certain point after their meeting onward, attempting to be as close and casual as possible with him--matching her interest in his hobbies, and her desire to participate in them (e.g., fishing). Ruka didn't express interest in such things even once, and--accordingly--had no idea Sugita was eyeballing her. Even if she wasn't as dull as she is, and even if you disregard her status as childhood friend, she'd still have been too busy lusting over his "big mountain" to notice anything. I think Senko actually noticed this, and was attempting to get Takamura to see it too when she corrected him--she made a point of saying that Risa loves Sugita as much as she does Takamura.

Seems there are two perverted girls in this story: there's Senko, who seems to have almost complete control over her hen side (like she does many other things about herself--she strikes me as some kind of genius) and has it integrated with herself; and then there's Ruka, who was enslaved to her perversion from the moment her it was awakened by exposure to Senko. Doesn't help that she also ended up that way just because she wanted to appeal to Takamura.

It's like Ruka picked up a drug habit to appeal to a guy she likes, failed to get him, and is now stuck near-permanently with the character-altering baggage of an addiction. Is it any wonder then, that many would prefer Risa over Ruka?

Users who are viewing this thread