Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Ch. 40 - Former Demon Lord Departs on a Journey

Dex-chan lover
For such a calculating political strategist, he's sure got a weak mind.

"What goes around comes around."
Indeed. Had it coming.

"This place is for Yuuki only."
In between those two?

Popular all around. Well, she deserves it.

Seems like that guy isn't quite as bad as before.

"What if you had an inexhaustible supply of magic power?"
Wouldn't that by itself solve more than the mech?

Sad part about this departure, even more with little of Martha. She needs more appearances. Way more. On the other hand, more Odette is always good.

Back in the day, a five-day trip wasn't that much. Well, it was for every day stuff, but not for anything major.

His big talk sure was easy to poke a hole in.

Excited Odette is adorable. Page 40.

Dex-chan lover
... is the prince in his villain arc?
Honestly, his monologue made me think it can go either way. Like, how much is he willing to do to meet the greatest Magician? What will he try to do after meeting them?
It could go either way tbh.
I'm hoping he doesn't go evil, but, probably higher chance he will.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
"I'll be terrified once my sense of reality is back!"

MjV1EpW.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
On the one hand I would have liked to have seen the Duke/father face those repercussions in person for the good ol cathrisis. It was kinda played off as a joke and then sorta happened off screen. Still in reality this is probably about as bad as it'd get for him being such a high ranking noble. Also because we didn't focus on it we got to see how it had little shockwaves (positive in their own way) about how people view nobles and reflect on their own attitudes as nobles. And if there was a direct confrontation with him, that would have been this whole chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread