Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - Former Demon Lord, Audience with the King

Dex-chan lover
Why wouldn't she take that as a compliment? Does she think that lowly of herself?

After all that, she accepted it with, "this seems fun". Well, priorities are in order.

It takes a special ruler to have the carpet in the throne room picked to accommodate children.

NGL, I kinda prefer Salvia's design over Iris's. Probably because of the drill hair. That's never wrong.

Iris totally managed to keep her composure when Odette arrived at the duel. Anyone who says anything else is a liar.

"It's fine", has the same meaning as "it's nothing". Something's up, and you're too much of a coward to actually say what.

Kind of hoping mage dude turns out to not be a complete asshole.

His secret weapon : a curtain rod!
It's the window of opportunity he needs.

How would he even regain any honor by winning? Those things don't have anything to do with eachother.
Most things honour don't make sense in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
on a normal scenario this would be an adult beating an elementary school kid

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, one of the better series in the trash heap I read. Really enjoy it

Thanks for the TL.
The reasons so far I noticed:

• OP MC sort of balanced by his "I don't care" habit wildly screwing not just him but everyone else he loved, also he's mostly ignorant to the world outside of his domain.
  • More paced-out exposition, with snippets that don't drone on and on like so many offenders out there (not just Isekai)
  • Age gap romance (if it can even be called as such) that are more belivably handled, also providing sensible reason why MC just not interested.

Dex-chan lover
…. On one hand, I’m really enjoying how much effort, time, and slower pacing is put into building the characters and the situations. It adds a fantastic amount of depth to the series!

… on the OTHER hand…. DANG IT I WANT TO SEE THE FIGHT

Dex-chan lover
How would he even regain any honor by winning? Those things don't have anything to do with eachother.
I don't think Alec is wanting to gain any personal honor but is instead looking to gain some of his family's honor back after the mess that Jilvan (Alec's younger brother) and Geier caused by trying and failing to cheat during the Knight selection test. More specifically, Alec thinks that by beating Yukki (a lowly Baron's son who is below Alec's family's standing as the Marquis's son) he will gain some of the respect from the Nobels that his family lost due to the fact that his brother lost the knights selection test twice (once by cheating (having Geier summon a ghost) and secondly by being chocked out by the ghost who possessed Geier (after he summoned it)). What I find truly hilarious is that Alec really thinks that he could win against Yukki having never seen him fight in a battle. Currently, there are several rumors going around about Yukki's accomplishments in battle (saving the princess from bears, killing a griffin, and defeating the ghost in the Elysion) and to not take into account any of them I feel is just foolish.

I believe that Alec is thinking that if he wins the duel then he will have put the lowly Barons Bastard son in his place and he will have accomplished two things: first, he will regain the respect of the nobles that were lost by his younger brother's actions during the knight's selection test and secondly, he will have shown that Salvia (Iris's sister from the main line of ascension) has much stronger support (the Marquis family) than Iris and she is a smarter princess because she chose a knight who was stronger than Iris selected.

One last thing. I wonder if Alec has considered what would happen if he lost the duel. Often in these types of stories, you will see a side story of how Alec ended up as Salvia's Knight (He is taking responsibility for his brother's dishonor, his family forced him to become Savia's knight, or Iris's family (either the King, Queen, a brother or a sister (more specifically Salvia)) felt she was gaining too much support (being a bastard child herself) with her selected knight and they stepped in and brought the Marquis older son into the equation). Just a lingering question that I have.

Also, I would like to know if Iris was always being bullied by Salvia or if something happened and Salvia suddenly changed and started bullying Iris. I ask this because those around you can influence how you see and think of others. Just like when Kachel was manipulating Zeros to hate Yukki.

Sorry so long-winded

Users who are viewing this thread