Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - Council of Magic Guild Sages

Dex-chan lover
Well, what the prince said make perfect sense tbh! And he did agree to seal it temporarily, till the incident is investigated! Now, does he, or the A rank mage have other, more nefarious plans, we'll see in the future! Closing it permanently, and allowing only the guild top brass enter, doesn't guarantee anything since we don't know if they have(most likely) Elysium temple sympathisers! Beside our MC needs the opportunity to research Elysion

Supporter
Keep the chapters coming guys, my withdrawal symptoms wont go away if moar isnt provided.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while since the incident was mentioned, is Dorothea just a scapegoat? Wasn't that one aristocratic dipshit the one to instigate it?

Dex-chan lover
How old are they supposed to be irl again?(without the reincarnation years added) I'm really unconfortable with the fan service we getting lately.

Altough I have to confess that the other fan service with the bat was cute!
Dyck was carassed and played with

Dex-chan lover
Power hungry prince, or behind the incident too? Surprised that the Magic Guild was actually gonna do the logical thing and seal the temple from any entry.
Unfortunately temporary solutions often tend to become permanent solutions in reality, simply because it's convenient. The guild's founding idea seems to be not to monopolise the knowledge within the Elysium temple ruins, so closing the temple is going against the founding idea. That's an extremely dodgy path. When you have done it once, setting a precedent, it's going to happen again in the future, which each succeeding time becoming easier. Until the temple will be closed permanently, save for those already in the organisation. After that, new members with the right would only be accepted through nepotism and other such routes, creating, basically, a new Elysium temple, which wields unquestionable power over everyone not belonging to the temple.

Dex-chan lover
@Sollertia_ @Kaarme and the mage girl who gave the incident report said the A rank is "magic supremacist"! And yeah, if they close it, there's no guarantee of ever opening again, since there can always be another reason to keep it close! It's a slippery slope!
So, calling it now, the A-rank is evil, prince is sus, but not antagonist and the wanted mage is actually a good guy with legit motives.

Dex-chan lover
Well, what the prince said make perfect sense tbh! And he did agree to seal it temporarily, till the incident is investigated! Now, does he, or the A rank mage have other, more nefarious plans, we'll see in the future! Closing it permanently, and allowing only the guild top brass enter, doesn't guarantee anything since we don't know if they have(most likely) Elysium temple sympathisers! Beside our MC needs the opportunity to research Elysion
Especially because it would be against the very ide why the guild was founded ... preventing monopolation ... and the a-rank mage could do that.

Dex-chan lover
"I won't be using my royal background to my advantage"

5 pages later:
"Btw I already got my plan approved by the king lol."
That isn't using his royal background to his advantage. Doing so would be something like silencing opposition because of his title as Prince, rather than refuting what is said with his standing as a B rank magician. Yes, he has a benefit in that he lives in the castle and his dad is the King, but that just gets him easier access to audiences; he still needs to outline why such action should be taken, especially since it's granting political power to someone directly, rather than the give and take of the previous situation where the kingdom gets new artifacts for granting a title.

The way he structured the argument was sus tho, intentionally opposing the A rank magician when he could've easily added conditions to the sealing with the diplomacy skills he had surely been trained to have
It's suspicious only in that he waited deliberately for the magic supremacist viewpoint (which Elysium Temple supports as well) to be brought up, and then shot it down; he's no doubt analyzing those who were in the room to see who might be a mole... or perhaps who might be willing to become a mole, if he himself is already compromised.

Dex-chan lover
Summon waifu spell successfully completed! No problems whatsoever. Quick, make it work to summon Martha.

Countering an argument with "That's nonsense!" is a bit lame at meetings like these. That just makes the argument sound true.

Always fun when someone gets involved in something because, "it's interesting."

And then he wants to seal it off anyway... That's less "brilliant" and more "I used daddy to pull some strings."

Yay, more Martha next time he's meeting princess!

Last chapter Martha "Seriously, don't abruptly do things that may stop my heart"
This chapter Yuuki "So anyway you're being summoned by the princess"
They be like that. But to be fair, she did say she would comply if he got her permission.

"I won't be using my royal background to my advantage"

5 pages later:
"Btw I already got my plan approved by the king lol."
Such brilliance.

How old are they supposed to be irl again?
Last chapter she claimed she's ten days old.

Unfortunately temporary solutions often tend to become permanent solutions in reality, simply because it's convenient.
"There's nothing as permanent as a temporary solution."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately temporary solutions often tend to become permanent solutions in reality, simply because it's convenient. The guild's founding idea seems to be not to monopolise the knowledge within the Elysium temple ruins, so closing the temple is going against the founding idea. That's an extremely dodgy path. When you have done it once, setting a precedent, it's going to happen again in the future, which each succeeding time becoming easier. Until the temple will be closed permanently, save for those already in the organisation. After that, new members with the right would only be accepted through nepotism and other such routes, creating, basically, a new Elysium temple, which wields unquestionable power over everyone not belonging to the temple.
This is called the "Meritocracy -> Oligarchy Pipeline". Basically, all aristocracies ever were meritocracies at first. The king and nobles didn't come from nowhere. They were originally the most competent people in a certain tribe/city/area/country. Then, after a couple of generations, their descendants ossified power making it more difficult for peasants of merit to become nobility.

That's essentially what the A-rank magician is arguing for - a pulling up of the ladder behind himself.

Users who are viewing this thread