Henkyou no Roukishi - Bard Loen - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - A Knight's Vow

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist i think its reality vs expectation. despite leon telling him how it really is, seeing him in action just reinforces the idea of the ideal knight. also he doesnt know leons backstory like we do.

Dex-chan lover
@silverden
As I said, it's confusing what "the moral of the story" is supposed to be here. Since the chapter ended with the kid not being any wiser to what we were shown, that a knight is a very particular job, and not an idealistic fairy tale.
So, what, is it there to reflect the MC's origin story, to show that while his story is ending, the same type of tale is repeating itself? By "wanting to become a knight"? Seems a bit odd.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist : He is a Paragon figure. He inspires others, even unintentionally.

It's not a 'moral of the story' story, but a showcase of how much of an inspiring figure he is.
He told the kid that the job come with having to kill people.
But seeing him kill a monster that would've otherwise injured/killed the people there, the kid is inspired to take up the path even knowing that.
Because that's the 'ideal knight' he's aspired to be.
One that protect the people by killing monsters.

Which if you'd recall, is exactly the kind of job knights of Tersia family do:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/331399/6

Dex-chan lover
Now we repeat the flashback, with the wandering knight's pov, teaching a farmer's child.

Dex-chan lover
@orochijes in the middle age, it's common to not have any day off.
BTW, if you're working on a cruise ship as a crew, you will work 11+hours a day for 8 months minimum.

I have a great deal of love for this series, many thanks to the translation team! 💖

Dex-chan lover
I really like how these chapters are progressing. How long does Stablos plan to keep him and Aidra apart before bringing him home.

Dex-chan lover
And to think Mr. Bard was already retired. He cut the demon beast's neck in one slash.
Retired, extremely dangerous described him better (except his bad back).

Users who are viewing this thread