Her Majesty's Swarm - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Parasite Swarm

Dex-chan lover
@AdamKnight The 1994 one, the remakes are baby difficulty compared to the old ones. OG chryssalids had enough movement to literally run from out of max vision range and attack you the same turn. Get caught by one in close range and it will attack you multiple times in one turn. Also get damaged by one once and you will be zombified regardless of whether or not the Chryssalid actually killed you. The TU system of the old version allows them to chain zombify entire groups in one turn and they're so fast that reaction fire often won't trigger or will miss entirely. The Chryssalid spawn on zombie death also has turn priority over your soldier actions. You know it's bad when a recommended tactic to deal with chryssalids was to set a grenade timer to 0 on all soldiers so that when they die, the grenade instantly explodes and deletes their corpse from being able to spawn a zombie.

Fed-Kun's army
@AbuHajaar
"OG chryssalids had enough movement to literally run from out of max vision range and attack you the same turn"

WUT?!?!?!?! Wouldn't that mean casualty is very much expected? How much personnel in a squad in OG?

Aggregator gang
This is like the other version on Overlord but the girl thinks for the plan herself and not because her subordinate mistook their leader intentions XD this is a good manga and i'm glad to found this! Thank you for picking up this series

Dex-chan lover
@AdamKnight They usually don't do so if they don't know where you are, in that case they'll move out in a scouting pattern and then try to get to a better position. But it is completely possible.
I had a game where I opened the door, walked out and next turn a chryssalid charged the dropship from the fog of war, dodged all the reaction fire and converted half the crew still inside

Dex-chan lover
The manga is more graphic than the novel
Thank for the chapter

Double-page supporter
Man! Orange Scans. You guys are unstoppable now. The rate of new chapters being released is totally insane 😆

I see they went with the novels description of meat furnace, every bit as horrible as i tried not to imagine

For those who don't know, there's another point regarding her saying "How does it feel to be a slave?"
The parasite swarm takes host of the victim's body but their senses are still there. They can see and feel what their body is doing but have no control on them.

Users who are viewing this thread