Heresy - Ch. 42 - Pure Dew

In case you're wondering "Why did this chapter take a week, Zaxas?", it's in part because we hit some bottlenecks and in part because it was a nightmare to translate.

[ol]The wilderness has been used to describe both the area outside the city and the city itself. To the mortals living there, the area outside the city is the wilderness, but to cultivators or people who don't live in the boondocks, the city itself is in the wilderness. It's a matter of perspective.

The "all riches bear risk" line, according to the TL, is also used to say that Chu is lucky. I just have no idea how. We couldn't really finagle it into a wording that fit both meanings.

If you read the note at the end of the chapter then you know the flower growing from corpses on the cover represents Hua Bai Lu. Maybe it also represents the Hua family; I haven't read ahead, so I don't know.

The words "herb" and "medicine" mean effectively the same thing in this chapter, except for that one line about making a herb into a medicine.

The "herb could take human form" line and the one following it are potentially completely wrong, but it's at least translated in a way that's coherent with the logical progression of the conversation.

This is a great chapter overall, I think. Bailu's solution to the taboo is a childish technicality and it's hilarious. "Mom says I can't eat people, so I'll feed people to my pet chicken and then eat the chicken!"[/ol]

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for this chapter. Take your time :D

Bailu's solution is technically correct. That's the best kind of correct.

Dex-chan lover
And now I guess we have the title. The series is likely going to revolve around this technique, and I can't wait to see how this plays out. Things are heating up.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter just strengthens the already confirmed fact that when the cultivators defeated the demons in the past the only thing they did was to change an evil for another.

I could even say that the cultivation art wasn't created to better the lives of those oppressed... but just to further the greed, bitterness and envy of those with talent that didn't like to be with those oppressed.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe he goes Vigilante style and takes the immortal souls of sinners...

@Zaxas Thank you guys for how much care and rigor you show in your translations, typesetting, etc. It really comes through and lets the series shine at it's best. And what a series it is! I can't wait to see more.

Interesting, how well fleshed the other characters are actually. It’s not all the main character.

zaxas on point with the whole series.

are we to think that mo's spirit buddy was the one that created this "evil" method?

XL

Dex-chan lover
When the little girl grew up she opened a fried chicken business which soon became a franchise and now we have KFC. That's the origin of KFC, kids.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for translating this series 😘

Users who are viewing this thread