Heresy

Very nice series, but stalled at chapter 52 it seems for chapters I can find free.

@jwang
@Danimal696
the raw site its currently at 106 at http://manhua.weibo.com/c/67694

The manga is supposed to be free any paywall u see are re-uploaders/rippers.

I used google translate on it, its wonky, but i think its telling me to register or log in. I guess you have a registered user, and thats the reason it doesnt appear to you.

This is what I'm waiting for a genre of readings that has so many titles.
This web comic has everything so far to enjoy it: Amazing and poetic graphic style, interesting and deep characters, a story that imposes to you his own pace. On top of that, the narrator is not an insecure kid that has to tell you EVERYTHING NOW about what is going on.
Even if we know that it's a cultivation wuxia style comic, it sufficiently builds so that we may not assume easily what will follow.

I'm waiting every chapter. And for now, I'm not disappointed ! Thank you for the translation :)

As is I'd say when he truly starts becoming a heretic is when the story will take off. Currently we are in the prelude, and I expect it to be quite slow until his ties to the sect are severed.

The translations are quite rough, but the comic itself is good. Keep an eye on it, and potentially wait a year for it to cultivate.

@Danimal696
@Somethingguud

Ahhh it seems like he went pay mode since I last checked like a few weeks ago. I was able to read all the way up to the 2nd to last chapter for free...

Yah I dont know where to find more =\

@Orange_Orange
It's a bit lost in translation but his entire sect is considered heretical. Although that the cat did when he was still alive is considered heretical to the heretics. It's a theme in the story as there are things that are considered heretical even to a sect that steals souls and binds the undead lol

The posted weibo link is down but just Google 邪魔外道 (the title for the manhua) for raws.

Well... after seeing the Raw and reading the current chapters, it’s starting to make sense why it’s called heresy

iu

If you haven't read Xianxia novels before this one might feel a little weird at the beginning, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. For me, it finally feels like someone managed to capture the mysticisms of these novels right for the first time. There are other great adaptations, such as Daoist Gu Master and Chronicles of the Heavenly Demon but this one just portrays the power levels these novels usually describe really well.
For example, the dreamland that the character entered is a "weak" zone, but it's already such a large zone with a really peculiar way of entering. Usually these novels that aim towards immortality reach a point where characters are easily able to crush mountains and stars but I feel like I can never take it seriously with other manhuas, this one feels like it will progress to that point really smoothly from what I've seen. The art style really helps keep the mystic aspect that is usually present when pursuing immortality, since the main character will probably have to "comprehend the dao".
For those that aren't aware, the translator is currently using cultivation terms that were used when translating Er Gen's ISSTH and AWE(to some extent). Currently the main character is at what would be called Qi Condensation(not even once mentioned on this manhua), Foundation Establishment is next, Core Formation and then Nascent Soul.
It's been hinted that his current sect is quite strong(although not considered an "orthodox" sect) many times, but seeing as the sect leader is close to Nascent Soul we can assume that the world is much bigger, since cultivation usually goes way beyond that(specially towards immortality).

Any recommendations of decent manhua like this? Not overly focused on details of cultivation, not a reincarnation or an ultra linear power creep type plot line where the MC is always on top...

I also REALLY love the gritty artstyle of this series.

Its unfinished, but "i stalked a man with an exposed nipple..."(or something like that) is great, dont be mislead by the title, its a great manga using Dragon Quest world as base; MonsterxMonster as well (same author); Dorohedoro is another, but be warned, its a f*cking drug in manga form.

Dex-chan lover
how many raws are out there? and how often it updates, is it monthly or weekly??

Users who are viewing this thread