Heresy

Group Leader
this was a really good cultivation manga.not kung fu or energy ball show,souls has spent like nothing.ruthless or mercy all has blur thin line now.

Aggregator gang
this has one of the best art styles in manga and reading it is genuinely fun. occasionally i don't get what's happening but that might be a problem with me. i also really like the mc's struggles. not stuff you usually see in these cultivation stories. he actually confronts why he's doing this and trying to find his "ninja way" while constantly being shown the brutality of not only the world but those around him. While i do love the brazen dick swingin' revenge type stuff that's so common in this genre, having a point and side characters that aren't all that specific brand of Chinese (and occasionally Korean) asshole is great.

loving the art and style so far... and actually laughed at some points which is rare for me

I often find cultivation manhuas' art style to be fairly childish and formulaic, not really matching the tone of the actual story that I get when reading the novel versions. This is nothing like that. Excellent art matching the tone that I'd imagine a demonic cultivation novel to have if it was adapted into manhua format. Story is still developing, but I am enjoying this greatly so far. One of maybe five titles I'm following that I actually get excited about when I see a new chapter is out. The fact that it is an original story and not an adaptation makes it all the more interesting.

because most comic reader in china are kids that's why they like coloring and cute style when this series release kids complaining why it's black and white glad the author doesn't care and it has decent amount of follower (actually it's okay for paid content, this comic is paywalled) that's my chinese friend said. My chinese friend said when assassin creed comic with chinese setting release kids complaining why it's black and white that being said coloring can be good but most comic don't do the justice (with the exception of american comic, american comic is really good at coloring).

My friend said the problem with chinese comic is there's no diversification (either the comic is for kids or comic for guilty pleasure) basically lack of original story and serious plot, the worse is these comic are profitable so it's easy to make cheap money with lack of thinking) and copyright issue (for example there's really good coloring comic the artstyle suitable for cultivation story and it's on tencent comic, tencent want to rob the copyright the author angry and quit and switch platform because the platform is less mainstream than tencent of course it gets less view). It doesn't help that tencent have monopoly over comic app for example kuaikan used to be pretty good (better than webtoon) tencent owned it (2nd owner) the quality decline a lot. There used to be chinese app called u17 the quality is amazing, the artstyle varied the app bankrupt because too invested in animation. Anyway, there's a new website that want to be the successor of u17 but it's new. I do hope the website can challenge tencent monopoly (tencent is terrible anyway, the maker of black myth wukong quit and hate tencent and start his own company ) tencent have monopoly almost everything from music app to messaging app to video, etc, the quality is horrible for example bilibili have better quality in video (bilibili still great but decline because tencent invest on it)

The problem with tencent business model is they bombard the market with low quality product to the point the market got flooded by it, it worked. Basically crony capitalism and tencent has ruined many market. For example there used to be internet coin that tencent invented (i don't know the detail) but my friend said it ruined e-commerce to the point ccp banned it because it ruined the market. When ccp limited microtransaction, actually many chinese real gamer are happy becaused gaming industry in china got ruined by microtransaction that caused by tencent. Chinese comic is terrible right now because tencent bombard the market with low quality stuff, to the point quality comic is unrecognizable and never shown on the homepage. The same case with kuaikan with selling bl, put two men each other guaranteed to be popular (for example xia da comic is not the most popular the most popular one is bl with average plot). Anyway I do hope the app success so smaller company follow so far the quality is better than any chinese webcomic and have serious editing and have variety of artstyle (there's no shoddy picture) that's my friend said

Thank you Herasy Scans for sticking with this series and translating the authors notes at the end. It's been an amazing journey read and follow the characters story and development. I know there's gonna people who look at the art and think it's messy but it suits the type of story and world the author put out. I hope they put this out phyiscally in English would love to own this series physically.

Author thinks he generally failed with the last arc, yet he has achieved more with that arc than most cultivation manwhas ever achieve, let along regular manga. I can't think what a truely successful arc would mean to the author.

Users who are viewing this thread