Hero? I Quit a Long Time Ago - Ch. 123

Double-page supporter
This is why I hate this MC. He refuses to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done and just takes action after everything has already happened. He just reacts, never acts. Should just kill them all immediately the moment he encounters them and dozens upon dozens of people wouldn't have to suffer first because the dumbass is too big a wuss to finish things properly.

Dex-chan lover
@Siikalahna To be honest, he's a giiiiaaaaaant Mary Sue. He wins every fight, changes every situation to suit himself whenever he's involved in it, and all of the women fall in love with him.

He's literally the most powerful bestest strongest super duper powerman ever with a bajillion and a half infinity swords +1.

This whole thing is complete and utter garbage, and yet...and yet I keep reading.

It's so bad I find it entertaining, in a weird way.

@Siikalahna @Kaldrak
There is a reason he doesn't just go apeshit and kill everyone. He literally used to do that. On Earth/to humans, he is considered a hero but to all other races and other dimensions he's known as a death god because he killed everything/one that would pose a threat to humanity. That's why he seems so passive. We get to see some of his past more in much later arcs. Unfortunately, it will take along time to get there (arc 20 ish, right now we are at #6).

Dex-chan lover
@YueEr I understand that, it's just that I'm more struggling with why I'm still reading this. It's colorful, and amusing at times, but it also pisses me off to no end sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaldrak
This is a speeding train with no brakes
of course you are just left staring, especially if it ever crashes.

Group Leader
@Kaldrak he's not a mary sue because supposedly he gained his powers by doing nothing but killing shit for years and years, but that's not as apparent in the comics yet. in the webnovel the first few chapters mention how other people had normal lives but instead he spent everyday fighting
@Siikalahna he always reacts to situations because he loathes getting involved in stuff anymore, that's why he quit being a hero a long time ago, plus it wouldn't be interesting to see him straight up kill everyone else instantly

@Kaldrak This whole series is a pastiche/parody of heroes series, so everything you said is pretty much normal. Except if you read it knowing this, I feel like it admirably subverts all the tropes it presents.

Double-page supporter
@Siikalahna He has killed so much he don't want to do that anymore except some case where his close family is threatened. He isn't a psycho can't kill for fun.

Dex-chan lover
@merukit If what you're describing precluded someone from being a Mary Sue, the hundreds of terrible Wuxia stories with rampant bestest tragiheroic MC's ever wouldn't qualify, lol.

@anotherone There are some admirable subversions here, I'll admit, but I believe they call this type of story a cliche storm, and those can be pretty hit or miss with the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread