Himari no Mawari - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Himari's Surroundings!

Dex-chan lover
Kei best girl
Capturedsfsdfdsss.png

Dex-chan lover
You fuckers only like her because she's a lesbian, don't you.
Also the "let's see you do better" argument is a fallacy.

Fed-Kun's army
And so ends missed potential. Ignoring the good art there really wasn't much substance to this series sadly. It could've been something more but it missed it's mark with it's pacing and development.

Lol to all the people saying Kei is best girl. Whether their memeing or not I have to ask why she's best girl. Because she's a lesbian? I will admit I hate yuri so I have a bias but if I ignore that bias and look at her character objectively what exactly is likable about her? From my perspective she's nice to Himari and treats her like a little sister. That's good and all but outside of that she's kinda overbearing. Wanting to be with Himari in every step of the way and not give her a chance to make friends on her own. Of course she made friends on her own thanks to people approaching her but if Kei had her way she would've been with Himari every step of the way. Then we have her treatment of the MC. She's pretty much a dick to him. They've been friends for a while so the MC let's it slide but the way she treats him is not how a person should treat a close friend even if its their dynamic. The hitting especially is very egregious because it's abusive since she hits him hard enough for him to say ow and is just all around abusive to him. I really think you people who say she's best girl only like her cuz she's a lesbian which is pretty shallow. I know some people hate her because she's a lesbian but imo I hate her cuz she was given so much focus with no development other than her being a lesbian and that's just lame and her treatment of the mc which is similar to how shitty tsunderes treat mcs.

The MC man did the author miss a chance to develop him. Sadly even tho he had barely any focus he still had much more development than Kei which is saying something since Kei had so much more screentime than him. He started to change and accept Himari into his life and created a bond with her. Of course this happens in the course of like one chapter but it's still development. It's sad because he could've been more explored and developed further. The author could've made him come out of his shell more and be more outgoing and smile more like Himari. This could attribute to Himari's bubbly nature effecting him positively, but alas author wanted to focus on Kei for whatever reason.

The Background characters. They did nothing and other than giving Himari friends and didn't contribute much to the story. The glasses girl I felt should've had more development but oh well.

If I was the one writing the story: If I was writing this story I would have more focus on Himari and the MC's relationship and less Kei's because the focus is Himari getting a new brother and the relationship the 2 build. The others are just background characters or supplements to the story.

Here's my opinion about the series.

The art is very good, I respect that.
The story is a bit shit confusing and not understandable
The people in the comments are salty

@3ds1234

It's post like these that makes me wish the site had an upvote feature for comments. I agree with everything you said. I for one don't care about yuri subplots in mangas so long as its written well and doesn't distracted from the main plot. I hated Kei for her abusive nature not because she was possibly gay. And the fact that most of the story focused on Kei and her confused feelings for the FMC rather than the brother and sister relationship is what probably got it axed.

Himari was cute. Besides that, I don’t know what to think. It got axed early so we’ll never know if this was meant to be a step-sibling or yuri thing. Was it romance, drama, slice of life? I don’t know. None of the arcs really pulled me in nor any of the characters. I just kinda kept reading to see how it’d play out. Oh well, adieu.

@3ds1234
I verbally upvote you

Dex-chan lover
welp that ended, all the stuff with the childhood friend went nowhere and she is a horrible character, gg

Plot twist: Himari wake up in her room with full of bruised after having faint because of domestic violence. Realized everything was a dream of her perfect life. Depressed, she crying alone in dark cold room.
The end

Dex-chan lover
@kryz Goddamn, that's demented enough to be a legit twist.

I'd like to personally thank the childhood friend for driving this series to an early grave.

Dex-chan lover
when one character is so badly written it nukes your entire work: the manga. I hope the author goes full yuri/slice of life/romcom instead of whatever this manga tried to achieve.

Dex-chan lover
I forgot about the majority of the supporting cast, not gonna lie. The only one I can remember is the girl with the glasses and the braids.

@kryz Jesus Christ, man. I didn't like how things turned out myself, but that's just fucked.

Dex-chan lover
So. What this manga was about? Idk. It was so focused on the background characters, that there's nothing left from the original plot. Yuri? Romance? Slice if life? Who knows...
But well, at least this chapter looks more like final, and axed not so hard, as it was at recent Guardian of the Witch... 😂

Dex-chan lover
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!! The otaku girl and her beta orbiter are the most pointless character I've seen in forever, not only they contributed nothing to anything, but they're also so disjointed and badly integrated with the main and the side cast that their screen time might as well be a cameo of characters from another manga.
And again, I'm kicking a dead horse here, but FUCK Kei, that bastard didn't get nearly what she deserves for being a shitty asshole throughout this whole manga, I REALLY hoped that Himari would get a boyfriend or even a girlfriend for that matter, just to piss that cunt off and break her shitty heart, but nope. Fucking goddammit.

Users who are viewing this thread