Hitoner - Oneshot

Aggregator gang
Trying to get a rough grasp on their civilization level from this narrow view of the world and loosely compare it to our time line to guess the possible public reaction to the execution of an alien with no certain threat.

Seems to be early analog Era, probably pre television. Possibly before powered flight. Aliens are barely considered as being a possibility. However there doesn't appear to be strong racial discrimination. And humans were considered a mythical race without fear of them. Adding that up, I imagine the general public would be angry at the decision and in history books it would be recorded as a major blunder.

Dex-chan lover
Trying to get a rough grasp on their civilization level from this narrow view of the world and loosely compare it to our time line to guess the possible public reaction to the execution of an alien with no certain threat.

Seems to be early analog Era, probably pre television. Possibly before powered flight. Aliens are barely considered as being a possibility.
They have big screens and are capable of transmitting images, as seen on page 48.
Their clothing is fairly modern in some areas but also fairly ancient in others.
I feel like what they haven't advanced enough in are areas that require precise movements, which is easier for us due to our articulations and fingers.

This hinders their progress, so their advances are not linear compared to ours. The radio shown, for example, also appears to be old. I guess now, with a human as a reference, they can start creating machinery that can simulate those precise movements needed, OR, scale down what they have. (Like the big screen)

Dex-chan lover
sskkt5vepsa41.jpg

The world build had a lot of though behind it. The only thing unclear is their mythological role for humans.
Maybe an early experiment or colonization attempt by the humans that was forgotten or lost? The fact that they didn't encounter unknown pathogens and the like might point to a origin where those kinds of organisms were already present...

Maybe this is where the cat-girl project funding ended up.

Dex-chan lover
The world build had a lot of though behind it. The only thing unclear is their mythological role for humans.
There could be two or three factors that might lead to that.
One, an error on the spaceship reading a mobius space as a straight-ish line away from point of departure.
Two, enough time has passed that the human's point of departure have a human extinction event, and regular animals developed into bipeds and into sapient level. And though humans are extinct, tiny amount of the things they produced endure. Like photograph or stupid "modern art" pieces.
Three, human astronaut and his space computer, not aware that his entire universe is based on a mobius strip structure, loop back to his point of origin, and mistook the old earth as somewhere new with unknown sapient life-form.

So basically the author saw Zootopia and thought "Man, I wish that were me" and proceeded to make a story about it lol

I hope it stays a one-shot though. I like it as is with it being a simple one and done idea. There is potential to flesh out an interesting world and ethics as a slice of life series maybe, but if it were to go for an over arching plot I feel like it'll be the kind of manga that will lose touch with it's original charms and get rather uninteresting or bloated.

Users who are viewing this thread