Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Ch. 227 - You Reap What You Sow

Fed-Kun's army
Are there any recent isekai stories where the protagonist actually returns to their own world for good at the end? I can't think of any off hand.
Technically Death March, if you count it, SAO, Ah.. InuYasha and Digimon, Monster Ranger, Shinzo.. Also Technically, if i remember correctly Shield Hero.. There aren't as many transport-notDead Isekai as I thought.

Does Isekai Nobu and Isekai Restaurant count???

Double-page supporter
Technically Death March, if you count it, SAO, Ah.. InuYasha and Digimon, Monster Ranger, Shinzo.. Also Technically, if i remember correctly Shield Hero.. There aren't as many transport-notDead Isekai as I thought.

Does Isekai Nobu and Isekai Restaurant count???
I wouldn't have thought to count something like SAO, but it's close enough. As for InuYasha, I don't think that fits. After all,
Kagome stays in the past at the end.

I think of stuff like Nobu or Restaurant as a bit different, but those sorts of stories are also good!

Dex-chan lover
Seeing folks talk about how overtly horny the WN is, I'm glad they toned it down for the manga. The interactions and build in regards to romance feel nice here - while I don't know the specifics of the WN, it sounds like it is a bit much.

Dex-chan lover
So it always felt like he would stay in the world given the choice and it also felt like he was thinking of taking responsibility for the people who's lives he has changed completely. Good for him to be able to say it out loud.
Compared to some of the comments mentioning how the WN and LN went, I don't mind this change. I don't really need breakneck speed for progress...also based on his loner-architype him being slow to change relationships makes sense to me. Then again I don't know how much actually changed between the 3 versions of the story.
Appreciate the TLs as always.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
So his ship with angelica os sailing?
I kinda thought she might say he's not human anymore or something else.

Dex-chan lover
He just reached 1st base here while in the novel he's been on the homerun streak with her for months.
Spoilers on how different it is?
I mean I'm kinda getting what you're saying. The impact of this emotional scene asking him to stay when they're not even in a relationship but just friends barely even hits.
Ngl the story and his actions have felt extremely childish and not serious so far. Even the way he randomly pops in 'I'm gonna die, only way to survive is not being human' was weird too.
Heck I can't even remember why he's losing power and stuff

Dex-chan lover
Are there any recent isekai stories where the protagonist actually returns to their own world for good at the end? I can't think of any off hand.
Arifureta, tho there Hajime finds his own way to come back to the fantasy world so he can visit back. All While having the shenanigans of fantasy mc powers in modern world, Harem and all his classmates' op powers on display.
Heck I'd argue Arifureta's real entertainment only begin after he comes back to Earth.

Death March also manage to come back, but again, when you can you'd prefer to find a way to connect the world instead of one way trip back.

Dex-chan lover
The LN got toned down too? In the wn he's been plowing her since the bath scene, which was ages ago. By this point he's been fucking prez and several other girls.
I look forward to the anime being like farming life and making him an absolute saint who’s completely dense

Dex-chan lover
So, I was ultimately proven correct and incorrect about Angelica. He clearly says she rarely (if ever) talks in this chapter. She might have not said anything before now.

Spoilers for Death March
Also, for those saying that Death March returns to his original world, even if he does return to an "Earth like" world, it is clearly impossible for it to be his original world. He is the combination of millions of versions of himself, except for the version that becomes the demon god. The original "Earth like" world he returns to in a side story is the one that the demon god came from, since his family reacts negatively to the letter from the hero and clearly stated he's been dead for years. The other "Earth like" was radiated from a nuclear war. The world he ends up in in the end seems like the world from his memories (but, again, he is the cumulation of millions of himself), but the world is portrayed similar to the one he went to, just simply with computer technology and some familiar faces. So, unless he returns to "one of the millions of worlds he was taken from" and literally takes it over and introduces magic and his family from the other world, he didn't "return".

Aggregator gang
Love walking into the comments and people saying they're glad the romance got toned down like we're not on chapter 227 and this is the first hint that there's even any kind of relationship between MC and any heroine. :huh: Like you could just be forgiven for thinking it's all been platonic and one sided with zero development all along.

Dex-chan lover
Have they ever even talked about going back to their old world? I honestly forgot this was an isekai at this point
My biggest problem with this chapter. They basically bring up a "concern" that's barely been stated as such until now for some fabricated conflict. Otherwise it was fine, but nothing really happened (which these chapters are just way too short)

It's interesting the difference between WN, LN, and Manga (and probably anime) in relationships but it makes sense. One thing to write minors constantly banging in a web novel, another to bring it to a licensed light novel, and a whole can of worms to bring it to visual mediums like Manga and anime. Plus I just don't really want to see mores screwing that much, like at all. Never understood that complaint of "just fuck already" in high schooler isekai. I want more clear and consistent plot progression between relationships but that's it.

Double-page supporter
ouw ok how about with class rep yea his 1st simp and feels confused how can they back to original world again????? if look the story again feels doubtful they can go back?? in the end just life in new world even i think if they can go back, all his friends will dont want separated with mc :'( yeaaa just make dramatical ending story.............

Double-page supporter
The LN got toned down too? In the wn he's been plowing her since the bath scene, which was ages ago. By this point he's been fucking prez and several other girls.
Where can I read the WN? I've been trying to find it to no avail.

Dex-chan lover
Why did he say that line on pg7. If you wear armor you can remove it"?

Users who are viewing this thread