Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Vol. 3 Ch. 36 - It Ended Up In An Uproar

Group Leader
Our hero is now level 11, which means he can join the guild now... as an apprentice. So that's probably where things will go next, if I had to guess.

This is like chapter 44 of the novel... out of something like 1800 chapters. They have plenty of material to go through after this.

Dex-chan lover
Why are they refusing to let him leave? Is he their prisoner now, all of a sudden? I thought they even clearly made an agreement that he would only stay with them until they got to the city? And only stayed because circumstances required it?

Dex-chan lover
@KiTA

This is what I dislike about WNs... Toaru Majutsu no Index? Fate? You'd be fluent in Cantonese, down to the tones, with the time you spend reading those two and their related stories (Railgun and all those canon Fate spinoffs).

1*8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg

Aggregator gang
@feha
Certainly feels that way. He's useful, can't ask for treatment as an equal due to his skills preventing full party-membership, and they've no intent on letting a tool like that get away.

Dex-chan lover
@kenx You're severely underestimating the 6+ million word count of these series. Fate/Stay Night is 820,595 words by itself (and it's not even a fraction of the Fate Series AFAIK).

This comment wasn't even 50 words.

Contributor
@lionfromnorth
Index, for all its length, is a light read. Fate is a bit heavier, but only if you want to theorize on Magic.
Languages are its own beast.

Double-page supporter
@captain_crunch
Un-lonely attack on a different world
Well that's one translation of the title, maybe not the best one.
The Loner Who Conquers in Another World
is probably more fitting as the current WN translators call it.
I don't know why people are so bothered by that anyhow.

Aggregator gang
I think everybody really cares about him, he's a good guy that helps people. It's funny since in the start he thought his skill will make people avoid him but in reality it makes him avoid people and be a loner.

Dex-chan lover
@kenx We are not comparing WN/LNs with language learning, we are comparing the time it takes to read them compared to the time it takes to learn a language.

Although, fairly enough, it doesn't take as much time as I've expected after calculating how long it would take. I was way off mark.

Aggregator gang
@feha Someone said that in the novel the girls kinda got PTSD after they were left alone so they became codependent to him. They get anxiety whenever he is not around (Some more than others) Also, remember that he kinda "tamed" some of them by accident.

Group Leader
@feha

They all care about him because he saved pretty much all of them, taught them how to survive, etc. They don't want him to go seclude himself away from everyone in a cave somewhere where he'll be lonely and forgotten, which is absolutely what he plans on doing.

The WN goes into it a bit more by showing the POV of the girls, they have regular "strategy sessions" where they try and figure out how to keep him from retreating into his shell and away from everyone else. For example, they try and figure out if he's gay (some of the girls are REALLY hopeful for some BL between him and Ota or the Jocks) by dropping hints and fanservice around him, but he's so dense that all it ends up doing is getting one of them the nickname "Nudist Girl" when she strips in front of him to use the bath and he just thinks she's a weirdo -- which gives her a complex about not being sexy enough to get his attention. Meanwhile he's thinking they've all gone feral because they keep "forgetting" he's a horny teenager.

And of course, the class president is outright in love with him.

Double-page supporter
@KiTA
Yes you usually loose something adapting from WN/LN to manga, but I think this series suffers from this far more than the typical series does. I don't necessarily blame the manga author... I think the source is especially hard to adapt given the nature of it.

Users who are viewing this thread