Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - Vol. 4 Ch. 31.1

Contributor
It was a nice hug, but i still can't believe she will be out of the story for lot of chapters.
If she is, i will probably skip the chapters until she's back again, because i don't care about the others fillers girls, except maybe the gamer girl a bit, as long as she's only on the friendship side.

Dex-chan lover
First it was cliche "going abroad" chapter, then following next - cliche "night in the motel bcs missed the last bus" chapter. I know, I'm complaining too much, bcs its typical cliche harem manga, but man, in the beginning it didnt felt so, bcs of the bright characters of the heroins. But now - the story going this typical routes - I cant just see through this things and just read, it catches my eyes now, and I feel dissapointed. Idk, can someone feel, what I'm talking about.
I dont think I would drop it, but... There is less pleasure reading this now, then before for sure.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I'm tired of ended up in a hotel cause' reasons cliché... So author better subvert them in a way it's interesting. Even if interesting means that the relationship goes to shit because Tsubasa or Fuyuki weren't brave enough to be honest with themselves and the other. (Read Lily Marble as an example with actual consecuences)

Tho I would advise against that route, It'll make readers pretty angry. This is shooting yourself in the feet tbh. If you solidify this relationship or even make it a one-night-stand the fans of the other girls will be angry too. Writer has fucked up big if popularity is what they are searching for.

I have read the many comments which complain and berate this manga for its increased use of “ecchi/harem manga cliches.” It is of the damnedest importance that we as seasoned readers remember that deep down the cliche might on its surface seem boring and ill-advised; however, the real truth is that cliches find their foundation in the utmost honesty and certainty.

Chapter after chapter we have seen these cliches place the characters in plot canisters where they must deal with the cliche in their own unique and steadfast way. This manga from its very origin oneshot has maintained that the “Hokkaido gyaru” and “Hokkaido way” is very much different yet much the same as every other “Tokyo” or other manga or place.

We as readers have bore witness to how these characters are not what they seem and they are not like the others we so often read and see. They may be confronted with the many cliches which earn a large readership however how they manage those cliches has been surprising and has kept all of us here.

We must hold true that the Hokkaido way is not always the same other ways. Let’s have faith in that. Let’s have faith in the manga that has made us so eagerly search for an update.

Fed-Kun's army
Dude got a hug. That's more progress more quickly than most of these types of manga.

The cliches don't bother me near as much as some folks apparently. As long as the characters are solid I can put up with them.

Thanks for the chapter

Group Leader
That basically seal the deal. Just like Gal Gohan. Now full sail ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread