Homunculus - Vol. 6

Fed-Kun's army
The last half of this volume was beautiful, especially the epiphany scene, when he jumps into the water.

Double-page supporter
@wanderslvt @yukake

Not just for awhile really.

The situation, very broadly as I read it, is that she wanted to use him for sex, but wanted to be in control of the context of it, make him fit into her social definitions so to speak. He fought that by taking her back home, but she was still into it on some level, just fighting it because that was part of her "script". Even after he came in her the first time (pretty sure there were two times, but I could be wrong) she was still forging it into her framework for the world, or symbol system as the manga put it.

She / her reality was still consuming him or trying to.

After he exposed her true self by revealing her cut ankle though, that's when the framework fell apart, she stopped playing a role, she was herself and that's why she suddenly was feeling real emotion both mental and physical. At that point (and I would argue only at this point) was she actually rejecting him. At this point her real self was suddenly realizing what the script she had been playing out brought her to, plus she hated having her "filthy" cutting exposed. It represented all the imperfect in her life and family.

Then her mother comes out and starts to repair the world symbol system... old framework of the girl's reality. Still here, as the mother is doing so, she's fighting Nakoshi.

However, then she rejects her mother's (and to a large extent the world at large's) symbol system by showing her mother her foot. That is her saying, "This is who I really am, and I am not hiding it anymore." At that point she embraced her real self and the sex with Nakoshi again. I think he may have come again at the end but not sure.

As he's leaving it's clear that she's happy with herself and Nakoshi. She clearly does not see herself as having just been raped. So, I would say the only time she was really not OK with the sex was that short time where her real self was first peeking out. Before and after it was what she wanted, first as her false self living out the script her symbol system set for her and then later as her real self once she embraced it.

Users who are viewing this thread