Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Helping Otto

Fed-Kun's army
@sweet-potato Honestly it isn't to much of a stretch at least so far, the only thing I would see missing is her getting in trouble from people outside of the family.

They seem to be in a more hardened protestant system so knowledge is mostly keep fairly contained away from commoners so that the ruling class doesn't lose power

She's just damn lucky they use a base 10 numeric system, otherwise, all her algebra would be wrong as hell (or maybe she's just good at math in other bases, but considering her knowledge of many other subjects is surface level, I doubt that)

Dex-chan lover
Local mother stole crochet needle from a five year old rather than ask her husband to make her one too. News at 11.

Aggregator gang
Only took 8 chapters for her to help out someone else.

@Tropingenie
A base 10 number system makes the most sense since it's based off of counting on your hands and toes.
Binary is computer based (off and on; 0 and 1).
Hex is a friendly representation of binary (0 thru F representing 0000 thru 1111) so those would be straight out since there are no computers around.
A base 12 system is related to time and zodiac so that would be the second most likely, but it would still make more sense for general usage to be related to how many fingers you have with a base 12 used for more specialized purposes. Not to say that inventory wouldn't be one of those specialized purposes, but he would have pointed that out if that was the case.

Aggregator gang
"It's all fair in love and war"
It was a one-sided war and dad has won it.
eU7DfIC.png

Dex-chan lover
Although Maïn/Urano certainly doesn't do the part of a 5 year old, in this world, the blessings of the gods exist and give stuff ranging from having a nice day to saving an entire harvest, people find it natural that if someone just wakes up being a straight up genius, it's a god's blessing

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, her dad is a wonderful person and she's a total biotch to look down on him the way she does in the early part of the chapter - I hope her seeing how good he is with his hands and how quickly he tries to help her makes her realize that. I'm surprised she doesn't know how to use an abacus, though - that's still taught in a lot of Japanese schools.

@sylvacoer
I was thinking the exact same thing. I luv her dad. It hurt my heart that she only appreciates him when he does something useful for her.

I feel like the MC sees Main's family as "people who I live with and do things for me" and not "people who have loved and taken care of me and mean the world to me." From the look of it, she underestimates their advice and the condition of her own body.
The MC and Main were two different people. It seems that the MC is using the love that Main's family has for her to get the things that she wants out of them. I hope that the MC will see her new family as actual family instead of tools.
But that's just my opinion on her up to ch 8. I hope she matures (even though she's technically a college student mentally, though she doesn't act like it).
:3

Dex-chan lover
@nan0bitz - heh, I got so annoyed, I went ahead an read through the translated light novels; good news: she does improve. Bad news: it takes a while

So she pretty much a skilled craftmen/inventor (in that new time) from a really really poor family. Still selfish but at least now she is selfish to improve her family life a little bit, but still selfish.

Dex-chan lover
She just wants to read a book guys, it's not that high of a standard. She barely even gets in the way, and it's not like a 5 years old have a lot of responsibility to begin with. As far as I understand it, the biggest burden she did is either getting her mom to worry enough that she piggyback her to the market or just fainting.

Users who are viewing this thread